Temp in Apex Fusion doesn't match Apex display

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a power outage and when things came back online I noticed a discrepancy in temp between my Apex display and what I see in Fusion. In Fusion I see TMPX4 is 79, but on the display I see TMP is 20.7. At first I thought the display was giving me readings in deg C, but 20.7C equals about 70F, not 79...so I I don't understand what's going on here.

1) Why the heck do I have two different temps (TMP and TMPX4)? My temp probe is plugged into my PM2 and that's the only one I have.
2) How do I get TMPX4 to show up on the display?

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did you wait? Fusion has about a minute delay. After a power outage it could be longer as the unit has to find out first is has internet before it uploads anything new.

What does it say if you go to http://apex.local or directly by IP address?

20.7 is definitely an odd number to see, unless this was an hours long outage and the temp actually dropped to 70F/21C

OP
OP
N2950H

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was days ago. I thought the display was just giving me a C reading so I put off looking into it for a few days.

I'm not really sure what you mean about going to http://apex.local, that doesn't take me anywhere. As you've probably guessed, my understanding of and experience with the Apex is minimal.

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find the address with the instructions in the link below, then type that address into your browser.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's possible that the Apex now thinks there is a probe connected to the controller itself, in addition to the one on the PM2.
Go to the Inputs page on the Fusion dashboard.
See if you have more than one input of type 'Temperature' listed.
Click on each one to determine which is the one you want to be using (the one connected to the PM2.)
For the other one, use the pull down menu under Configuration->Probe to Disable it, and Update the Apex.
If that's the problem, the probe that isn't actually there (and thus reading very low) should disappear.

To adjust your Display to show the right temp probe, go to the Display page in Fusion.
The pictorial layout there matches your display, for each page 1 through 4.
Click on a line on the left, change the temp item on the right to indicate the correct probe, and Update the Apex.

You don't have to access Apex Local to do any of this.
However, knowing how to access Apex Local is a good thing regardless.
Apex Local updates much faster than Fusion, and there are some things you can only do from Apex Local.
If you've renamed your Apex system, you access Apex Local from your browser by entering [ApexName].local.
So if it's called 'MyReef', for example, the URL to access the apex directly and bypass fusion would be myreef.local.
This only works if your browser is on the same LAN as the Apex; it won't work remotely.

OP
OP
N2950H

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that. This is what I see when I login to the dashboard:

Screenshot_20190825-181138_Chrome.jpg

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sorry, you're using an older Apex model.
I'd love to help but I have no experience with that interface. :(
What I suggested might still apply, but you'd have to look around for exactly where probes are enabled/disabled.

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That shows two temp probes. the post just above from @rkpetersen has instructions on how to assign the correct probe to the apex display.

If you want to do it directly on the dashboard, the settings are under Configuration - Display Setup.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like your home display switched to a different temp probe (which maybe doesn’t exist?). You can change what probes show on your home screen. Go to System - Display Setup - Home Display.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back