Temperature fluctuations in Evo 13.5

revheat21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone, I have questions regarding my Evo 13.5 and the difficulty ive been having maintaining a consistent temperature. I get temp spikes of 2-3 degrees

my thought is that the lid is causing the tank to retain a lot of the heat in the system. Im using the fluval M50 heater and its working properly(I’ve checked). All of my other parameters are in the sweet spot.

should i upgrade my lighting to something an AI 16HD and be done with the lid all together or try a different heater.

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone, I have questions regarding my Evo 13.5 and the difficulty ive been having maintaining a consistent temperature. I get temp spikes of 2-3 degrees

my thought is that the lid is causing the tank to retain a lot of the heat in the system. Im using the fluval M50 heater and its working properly(I’ve checked). All of my other parameters are in the sweet spot.

should i upgrade my lighting to something an AI 16HD and be done with the lid all together or try a different heater.
I’ve gotten rid of the lid Being in Texas my tanks temp fluctuates all the time and Hasn’t put an effect on my reef or my two fish. You should be alright. I would upgrade in lighting.

Upvote 0

DrunkenViking

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got rid of my lid and went with AI prime hd but also figured out I can’t use my ceiling fan because of where I put the tank makes it get really cold

Upvote 0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back