Tenecor® Builds - Assorted Tanks As They Come Off The Line *** The Newest Overflow Design***

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are production pics of our newest overflow design. The tank is a peninsula measuring 48x15x18 inches. As in all peninsulas the overflow is on the end and designed for an external filter. What we have done is added two levels of removable media baskets and an adjustable weir gate. This configuration is highly customizable. For those who want a traditional overlfow, simply remove everything and you are left with two drain lines and an internal return. Otherwise, the top level is designed for mechanical filtration using our poly matrix filter floss. The lower level can be used for additional chemicals or assorted bio-media. The dual drain bulkheads can connect to sumps or canister filters or even a simple external return pump. The flexible design can be further modified to include closed loop end zone circulations. For lighter load set ups, this design can be easily modified to be an AIO. Entirely user defined. The overflow like all Tenecor AIO's is generously wide at five inches with four inch media baskets. Comments and feedback appreciated.

PEN 00.jpg

PEN 01.jpg

PEN 02.jpg

Open overflow with media rings and baskets removed.

PEN 03.jpg

Notice the cord/tubing passthroughs in the filter wall.

PEN 04.jpg

In production shots. Seams are unpolished. Excuse the dust please. Back of the filter and end wall seams will be covered by light blocking blackouts and lids.

PEN 06.jpg
PEN 07.jpg
PEN 05.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a new customer to Tenecor (my new 40g cube/custom insert is due for delivery on Monday) I have to say that I'm impressed with the innovative ideas you come up with.

I'm thinking of a lagoon tank, say 36"x24" (or 29" so you'd have 24" of water and 5" of aio system) x14" with an aio system along the back. Room for a filter sock at one end, room for extra media in the middle and a return pump at the end. And big enough to fit a 4" sock and that would also make it big enough for a good size return pump... and also big enough for my hands!

Really looking forward to my new insert!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a new customer to Tenecor (my new 40g cube/custom insert is due for delivery on Monday) I have to say that I'm impressed with the innovative ideas you come up with.

I'm thinking of a lagoon tank, say 36"x24" (or 29" so you'd have 24" of water and 5" of aio system) x14" with an aio system along the back. Room for a filter sock at one end, room for extra media in the middle and a return pump at the end. And big enough to fit a 4" sock and that would also make it big enough for a good size return pump... and also big enough for my hands!

Really looking forward to my new insert!
Ron,

I just noticed this thread. You may want to check out Tenecor's 75 gallon lagoon. The standard tank is 36 x 30 x 16 with an 8" AIO. I asked Tenecor and they said that it can be done with a 5" AIO instead so that would give you what you wanted plus a little.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photos of my DIY 40g cube aio tank. It's about a month old now.
20221219_130539_resized.jpg

I attaced my filter sock holder too low, so water splashes due to the longer drop. So I hold a piece of filter media at the back of the weir,
20221219_130555_resized.jpg

My pump is a 900gph, but I'm running it at the lowest speed and it still pumps too fast and almost empties the chamber. I dropped a piece of PVC sheet down next to the pump and stuffed some filter media between the wall of the chamber and the pvc sheet. It does a great job of making the water spilling in very quiet and does a bit of filtration as well!
20221219_130756_resized.jpg

20221219_130804_resized.jpg

20221219_130833_resized.jpg

This is the view from above.

20221219_130941_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20221219_130600_resized.jpg
    20221219_130600_resized.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 20

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back