Tenecor's $29* ReefPoint® 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit Drops This Thursday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dlsorensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for everyone. The renders below are of another DIY we were working on a while ago. HOB siphon overflow box. MSRP around $39. Thoughts? Please disregard the red markups.
664B31C9-0D20-4346-AA10-B8FA97061A0C.jpeg
8C192108-D1FE-4587-BC31-DC4E669001CB.jpeg
Looks good in my opinion. I like the siphon break on top, nice touch.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for everyone. The renders below are of another DIY we were working on a while ago. HOB siphon overflow box. MSRP around $39. Thoughts? Please disregard the red markups.
664B31C9-0D20-4346-AA10-B8FA97061A0C.jpeg
8C192108-D1FE-4587-BC31-DC4E669001CB.jpeg
It looks good to me, although why not include more than one drain hole? Also maybe considering making it to where it will fit on a rimmed tank.
I can’t understand why anyone would use a hob overflow anymore, but I guess there are some people who are unwilling or afraid to drill their tanks.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad they packaged these really well because despite usps best efforts to break it, the panels all arrived in perfect condition.
23834716-FB80-45F0-95F5-9AEE35E23737.jpeg

I don’t have the solvent or the bulkheads yet but I was too excited to see what it would look like so I went ahead and taped it together. I may have gone overboard on the tape.
7A6D13E7-F726-4F12-A242-E116F0A9F5EB.jpeg

Lochekey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some spare time and did a mock up of the sump design I have been working on to get a visual and a feel for assembly. After doing this I have some design changes to work on but I am happy with the progress so far. I will try to get some new drawings posted up for feedback.

Some pics of the mock up just for fun.

20230123_165006.jpg

20230123_165149.jpg

20230123_164920.jpg

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good to me, although why not include more than one drain hole? Also maybe considering making it to where it will fit on a rimmed tank.
I can’t understand why anyone would use a hob overflow anymore, but I guess there are some people who are unwilling or afraid to drill their tanks.
It's a concept working render. Multiple drain holes. This is the question we have. How popular are these?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a concept working render. Multiple drain holes. This is the question we have. How popular are these?

Not very popular. Any time they are mentioned, it is often recommended to just drill the tank instead. But I also think there is very little competition out there for this product. Eshopps and CPR seem to control the market so if you can price competitively, it may be worthwhile. Reliability is key for these. If it fails/cracks/leaks, floors are ruined.

AdamD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order says cancelled by sender and didn't receive new tracking #?

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Reefers! You asked and here it is. The sump pedestal for the 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit everyone ordered. Click here to view your discount code.

PLEASE READ THE POINTS BELOW BEFORE ORDERING:

1) this is a limited availability item and will be discontinued. Afterward, it will be part of the initial option set.
2) we are again very busy. These sumps will not ship until next week.
3) minor changes/modifications may be made prior to shipping.
4) Use the discount code at checkout.
PEDESTAL SUMP.jpg

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Reefers! You asked and here it is. The sump pedestal for the 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit everyone ordered. Click here to view your discount code.

1) this is a limited availability item and will be discontinued. Afterward, it will be part of the initial option set.
PEDESTAL SUMP.jpg
Kinda confused on how to implement/use the sump. BUT I got one anyway! Ill be watching for everyones help lol.

dlsorensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PEDESTAL SUMP.jpg
AWESOME! Just placed my order. Already ordered bulkheads and blue PVC pipe from BRS to really make this a showpiece. Been taking pictures and will start my build thread for this. Thank you @Tenecor Aquariums

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda confused on how to implement/use the sump. BUT I got one anyway! Ill be watching for everyones help lol.
Easy. Your tank simply sits on top of it. The center baffle acts as a water channel and as support. The four tabs also add support and prevent the tank from falling into the sump if it gets moved.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to clarify... you have to lift the tank off the sump to access the sump area? Like during a water change?

Be sure to add a notch for two for cords to exit the back.

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to clarify... you have to lift the tank off the sump to access the sump area? Like during a water change?

Be sure to add a notch for two for cords to exit the back.
also is lifting acrylic tanks with water in them as destructive as with glass? I assume not because of the "weld"

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also is lifting acrylic tanks with water in them as destructive as with glass? I assume not because of the "weld"

No but I would still drain it part way. I have a 7g acrylic tank I drain partially and just pick up and move when I changed apartments a few times. Honestly loved that part of it lol

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It never a good idea to lift any aquarium with water in it. Properly constructed Acrylic aquariums however will never leak due to a seam failure. They are much more forgiving than glass tanks. The entire structure will flex rather than explode. All within reason of course.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back