Tenecor's $29* ReefPoint® 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit Drops This Thursday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Grand Cayman Drop Off Desktop. This will be the next drop.
03EF21EA-EB09-46FA-883E-AD23B9B0BD5F.jpeg

Have you decided how thick the acrylic will be on this one?

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning Reefers! You asked and here it is. The sump pedestal for the 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit everyone ordered. Click here to view your discount code.

PLEASE READ THE POINTS BELOW BEFORE ORDERING:

1) this is a limited availability item and will be discontinued. Afterward, it will be part of the initial option set.
2) we are again very busy. These sumps will not ship until next week.
3) minor changes/modifications may be made prior to shipping.
4) Use the discount code at checkout.
PEDESTAL SUMP.jpg
Just ordered this. Will need to find a stand once i get everything assembled. I honestly may set this up as a small display tank instead of a frag tank still trying to figure that out!

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welp, ordered the sump! Can I say I think it's hilarious that we keep getting crayon doodles when I know you guys have access to CAD software! Loving the activity with the community, and it seems to be paying off.
Honestly, from this point out, I think I will only purchase from Tenecor. I have a 3.8 lifeguard, a UNS5S, and 15 Nuvo Fusion pico/nano tanks. I may have to break one of my tanks down because of the 3 gallon drop-off tank from Tenecor.

The UNS5S might be the candidate since it's just an macro algae tank with two zoa frags and some mushrooms.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, ordered the sump! Can I say I think it's hilarious that we keep getting crayon doodles when I know you guys have access to CAD software! Loving the activity with the community, and it seems to be paying off.
Ok, let me explain the crayola concepts. My team is in Arizona. I am at this moment in Colorado. I travel extensively for other business matters. An Ipad and pencil is what I use. Then my design team takes over. As you implied, the renders and Fusion 360 models are generated after the Crayolas. Then the production team converts the renders to shop documents, paper and CNC digital. At this point, the cost accounting gets involved too. Then back to production scheduling for the actual manufacture. It is somewhat sequential but at the same time iterative. The webmasters also are involved all along the way in a parallel manner.

Bret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Reefers! You asked and here it is. The sump pedestal for the 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit everyone ordered. Click here to view your discount code.

PLEASE READ THE POINTS BELOW BEFORE ORDERING:

1) this is a limited availability item and will be discontinued. Afterward, it will be part of the initial option set.
2) we are again very busy. These sumps will not ship until next week.
3) minor changes/modifications may be made prior to shipping.
4) Use the discount code at checkout.
PEDESTAL SUMP.jpg
Got my 3g kit last night and just ordered the sump!
Few suggestions on the sump if there is time before they get cut:
Make the "back" 11" panel clear for monitoring equipment/water level inside, everything else black.
Add baffles so the sump has a constant water level with a separate return chamber where evaporation can manifest.
Include a notched lid for the portion the tank will sit on so it locates the tank accurately and holds it more securely.
Maybe go up in height a bit for better proportional aesthetics with the tank. 9" high would give you a 2/3 ratio that is more appealing to the eye.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my 3g kit last night and just ordered the sump!
Few suggestions on the sump if there is time before they get cut:
Make the "back" 11" panel clear for monitoring equipment/water level inside, everything else black.
Add baffles so the sump has a constant water level with a separate return chamber where evaporation can manifest.
Include a notched lid for the portion the tank will sit on so it locates the tank accurately and holds it more securely.
Maybe go up in height a bit for better proportional aesthetics with the tank. 9" high would give you a 2/3 ratio that is more appealing to the eye.
Good points.

1) there will be a water level window. It is not shown. Making the rear clear? Presumably that side is going up against the wall, no?
2) the four small tabs inside the sump will add support and prevent the tank from falling into the sump.
3) baffles in the sump? Please elaborate. Sketches.
4) 9 inch high? Anyone else like this idea? Yea or nay. We can do this if others also like. Btw, this would increase sump capacity by over 200%?. Nice.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been a fun read. I missed out on the coupon DIY19, so just following to see how everyone's tank comes along. I saw someone created a build thread in the frag tanks section.
There will be many more.

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for increasing height, more volume will be great for stability. Also the "constant waterlevek chamber" or baffed section for a skimmer would be the cherry ontop

Bret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good points.

1) there will be a water level window. It is not shown. Making the rear clear? Presumably that side is going up against the wall, no?
2) the four small tabs inside the sump will add support and prevent the tank from falling into the sump.
3) baffles in the sump? Please elaborate. Sketches.
4) 9 inch high? Anyone else like this idea? Yea or nay. We can do this if others also like. Btw, this would increase sump capacity by over 200%?. Nice.

1) If there is a window that will probably be sufficient, but I imagine quite a few of these will end up more as desktop displays and may not be all the way up against a wall, giving you room to peek your head back there.
2 and 3) I think you can improve the sump quite a bit here by eliminating the tabs and adding baffles and a 3/4 lid. I'm not too good in CAD but let me see what I can come up with for a drawing.
4) Hopefully more people agree with me, more capacity is always better, especially in these small systems.

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) If there is a window that will probably be sufficient, but I imagine quite a few of these will end up more as desktop displays and may not be all the way up against a wall, giving you room to peek your head back there.
2 and 3) I think you can improve the sump quite a bit here by eliminating the tabs and adding baffles and a 3/4 lid. I'm not too good in CAD but let me see what I can come up with for a drawing.
4) Hopefully more people agree with me, more capacity is always better, especially in these small systems.
I like the center brace, but not sold on the random tabs. Thats alot of material that could be used for like said^ baffles which in themselves would help with braceing.

Bret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a quick and dirty sketch of a top down view with baffles to turn this into a proper sump. Someone with CAD skills can render this. One other thing that should be added is a notch at the top of the “flow through” baffle to allow equipment cords to pass through.
ED835C0A-202E-46B2-A105-5467D0F6906A.jpeg

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a quick and dirty sketch of a top down view with baffles to turn this into a proper sump. Someone with CAD skills can render this. One other thing that should be added is a notch at the top of the “flow through” baffle to allow equipment cords to pass through.
ED835C0A-202E-46B2-A105-5467D0F6906A.jpeg
This is what I thought you were talking about. It is going to be under the tank. How are you going to put socks or media Baskets in place? The Skimmer section I understand. Is it not too small?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back