Tenecor's Crowd Sourced HushFlow™ AIO Nano is now available for sale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be getting my replacement (they sent the 4 instead of the 7 by mistake) in a week or two. We'll see if they've fixed the issue. I sure hope so because I really like the designs and that they are made here.
Some of the nicest tanks I've seen were Tenecor so hopefully this was just a fluke. Mine is made in america and looks sweatshop made unfortunately.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20220403_224201683~2.jpg

Here is my daughter's tank. After filling it the quality of the tank is solid. I've been told by @Tenecor Aquariums that the micro scratches have been addressed along with the seams. I have an order in for the Peninsula 17, so I'm looking forward to that arriving!

Once filled it is a nice tank, clarity is great! My one complaint is with the size of the weir. We temporarily had a guppy in, who went surfing over the weir and onto the sponge!

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is my daughter's tank. After filling it the quality of the tank is solid. I've been told by @Tenecor Aquariums that the micro scratches have been addressed along with the seams. I have an order in for the Peninsula 17, so I'm looking forward to that arriving!

Once filled it is a nice tank, clarity is great! My one complaint is with the size of the weir. We temporarily had a guppy in, who went surfing over the weir and onto the sponge!
Nice, wish someone would address mine lol.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, wish someone would address mine lol.

Hey @Tenecor Aquariums can you clear up a few of these points for @kapnkush608?

Got mine finally. Here's my review of the experience. First ordered the tank for my desk at work, found out I would be working from home so a couple days later and wanted to upgrade to a larger size because why not. Was told my tank was in production so sorry. I figured I'll take the L and see how this tank comes and flip it or save it for some other project. Got an email a ~week later saying my tank just entered production and would ship the following week?? I thought I couldnt upgrade because it was already in production but whatever, again. A couple weeks later I get the message that it shipped Yay! Fed ex delay aside I was super excited to get it yesterday. Popped it open last night after work and I will say I'm pretty dissapointed with the quality especially from a Tenecor product.
First the baffle is rough cut, like it looks like me and my buddy got too baked and tried to cut the acrylic with a wood saw. It's all chipped and the finish is ROUGH.
20220331_113018.jpg

Second, the seams again look like me and my buddy were up to following DIY videos on youtube.
20220331_113133.jpg

20220331_113104.jpg
20220331_113100.jpg

Third is the light scratches all on the inside of the front panel.
20220331_115729.jpg

Overall the tank is a nice little concept but it only looks nice from a distance which means I'll probably just raise aiptasia eating nudis in it instead of having a nice little office tank. Overall I give it a 6/10 because I got it for like $60, if I woulda paid full price I'd be big mad and probably would give it a 3/10 especially with the quality I was expecting from other Tenecor tanks I've seen. Probably gonna get a different brand AIO for the office now TBH but I really do love the design of this setup like a lot. Also glad I work from home because I definitely couldnt bring this into the office with all the aesthetic flaws.
20220331_113119.jpg

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You just need to feed your guppies better :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Almost forgot, it looks nice. I hope your daughter is happy with it.

Last edited:

David M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 7g came in and I can attest to the poor quality. I have all of the above issues as well. @Tenecor Aquariums how do you plan to address this for those of us that have received poor quality products?

I have a 150g being made by Tenecor, it's shipping Wednesday and I'm very concerned for the quality of that tank. If there's bubbles in the seams like I saw in the 7g I can't consider it safe to use.

Attachments

• 20220411_192833.jpg
    20220411_192833.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220411_192650.jpg
    20220411_192650.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220411_192706.jpg
    20220411_192706.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 7g came in and I can attest to the poor quality. I have all of the above issues as well. @Tenecor Aquariums how do you plan to address this for those of us that have received poor quality products?

I have a 150g being made by Tenecor, it's shipping Wednesday and I'm very concerned for the quality of that tank. If there's bubbles in the seams like I saw in the 7g I can't consider it safe to use.
Good morning. I am looking into this and will be following up with you soon. As for your other tank, it is beautiful. Not sure what is going on here

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They are replacing mine so all is good there. From my communications with the Rep here "this forum is not our customer service platform" and to email [email protected] or use the contact form on their website.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are replacing mine so all is good there. From my communications with the Rep here "this forum is not our customer service platform" and to email [email protected] or use the contact form on their website.
The bottom line is we stand behind what we build. I am looking into this issue and I believe the problems with these things is their size. Plus we had/have orders for close to 300 of them. Never made anything this small. No excuses. I will be back with updates.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottom line is we stand behind what we build. I am looking into this issue and I believe the problems with these things is their size. Plus we had/have orders for close to 300 of them. Never made anything this small. No excuses. I will be back with updates.
Lit bro, glad y'all are working it out. Didnt see you responded to him just wanted to pass the info I got so hes not posting for a week with no reply. As soon as I followed the steps you recommended my issue was resolved and I look forward to recieving my replacement.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lit bro, glad y'all are working it out. Didnt see you responded to him just wanted to pass the info I got so hes not posting for a week with no reply. As soon as I followed the steps you recommended my issue was resolved and I look forward to recieving my replacement.
we can take the sugar with the S*t and will fix issues as they come up. I will be updating this afternoon with solutions. My suspicion is the volume of orders is causing some of the guys to let these little tanks go by and they focus on the big ones. The bottom line is anyone who has reasonable concerns like this will be taken care of. Again, please give me a few hours to look into this.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

These are photos of your little aquarium before final cleanup and polish. Your images here are of the baffles which obviously are not as clean. We have never built coast to coast filters like this design until these little tanks. And these are the littlest we have ever built. C2C filters are challenging because you need to weld in three planes. We are working on getting this figured out. Notice the new lid design. Recessed. One piece. Unbreakable lexan. And the filter cover. These also took time and are part of the R & D effort. The easy solution is to slow down production and push lead times out until we get the process dialed in. I like easy solutions and that is what will happen. I will be posting some pics of your 150 to show you how that is going. Finally, those baffle welds are not structurally weak. Your aquarium won't leak. We are going to replace anyway. Please see the attached pics of the lids and new size.

24A6186E-926D-4E8C-9B26-4AC89FA482EF.jpeg

23BF99FA-CA83-4F67-A9D8-89DC9DB4F02B.jpeg

Unbreakable lexan lid. Light blocking abs filter cover. We deleted the feed hatch on these little tanks.

2DD8A0B2-5894-4136-8B96-B6D7879D71B3.jpeg

Larger swim area.

EB8B7FBC-CB2B-4948-BC15-1B3398921851.jpeg

The white lines are weir reflection.

A359D58F-8FA7-4841-8CBF-06D6827E45FB.jpeg

Nice flat surface with the recess.

David M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the response, and it's a great thing to see a company take responsibility for a shortcoming. What you said makes sense, a new product and a new method of design can be difficult and will take some fine-tuning. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes, thank you!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update from the front lines. We had a nice meeting with production and the some of the guys who actually are making the tanks. The takeaways are:
1) we are going to slow things down and take more time on the little tanks. everyone has been surprised with the demand for these little nanos. before we introduced them, the smallest average size around 60-75 gallons. next thing you know, these little ones are by volume our best sellers. this is a good thing and we are going create dedicated line for them. same thing happened with our frags but they were not so far out of our size range.
2) no more second shift. see 1) above. the impact will be longer lead times, in some cases considerably longer, up to six weeks. this will probably get worse before it gets better. some of you know we are actively looking for more space and given our current real estate situation in north phoenix. TSMC, the world's largest semiconductor company bought 14,000 acres up the street from us to build the world's largest fab plant. any piece of dirt or building is now in play.
3) design changes to the nanos. as i mentioned in an earlier post, welding up the baffles in three planes is difficult to make look good. one solution is we will no longer attach the filter wall to the bottom of the tank. this is not a structurally critical seam and there would be negligible if any water passing through since there is no pressure differential between the main tank area and the filter area. the second change is the rear panel will be black instead of clear. we already made this revision on the latest generation because customers wanted a darker, light free filter chamber. the ends of the coast to coast will still be clear.
4) process changes. this is a work in progress as we constantly update and improve our processes. the big change for these little tanks is using a much less aggressive solvent. we custom blend our solvent formula and it is extremely aggressive and very fast setting. great for big tanks. not so much for the little ones.
5) commitment to our clients. as i have always stated, anyone with issues will haver their nanos replaced at no charge. or if you prefer, a full refund. what we learned from these prototypes is well worth the price of replacing the flawed ones. we will be doing this exercise several more times with other products. for example, we have some amazing frags being introduced. just be prepared to wait longer for them. all the best to everyone.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the transparency in directly addressing issues brought up here in the thread and the impressive level of communication and interaction overall. I need to upgrade my frag system at some point in the future. Prior to my interaction in these threads, I had no idea who Tenecor was. Now if I'm in the market for an acrylic tank, Tenecor will be the first place I look.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the transparency in directly addressing issues brought up here in the thread and the impressive level of communication and interaction overall. I need to upgrade my frag system at some point in the future. Prior to my interaction in these threads, I had no idea who Tenecor was. Now if I'm in the market for an acrylic tank, Tenecor will be the first place I look.

Agree on all counts!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back