Tentacles coming out green slimer polpys ,possible worm?

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they can not be identified correctly how can they be condemned to the bad for the system category I myself prefer diversity in my system rather than the kill everything philosophy .
I guess this where a coral qt system would be a great idea to watch that one or couple frags to see if any negative damage or nothing at all.
As my concern if I'm honest is if I leave it in and now I'm nearly stocked full of fish I'm starting to buy few corals every few weeks ,like today I bought 5 frags in total so can soon add upto lots corals in tank and if a bad thing reproduces in tank and kills lots things then that's a bad thing imo so old saying when in doubt throw it out comes to mind.
But I not thrown it out ,as its actually in my main display as my fish qt tank lights not no good for corals so no good in there and I no qt tank for corals so now need decide what to do with said coral as if cut all nubs off where these whatever they are is,I will be left with the smallest ever sps nub lol
I've read in thread I posted above if glue over Hole then they just bore another hole out.
So I may ring lfs up and see if can swap for another of same kind but inspect new piece in great detail first but probably all off same colony anyway ,but I am noticing white at edges of the branches of this green slimer,I did think it was new growth as I seen other sps on pictures the new growth is white .

So on green slimers is the new growth white like mine is ?
Or think whatever is inside is making negative impact making ends die off ?
Here some more pictures of coral at different levels of zoom as didnt get a answer above .
I will see if can google growth on green slimers also to see if can find out myself also

Attachments

• 20211106_170747.jpg
    20211106_170747.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20211106_170730.jpg
    20211106_170730.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20211106_170724.jpg
    20211106_170724.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20211106_165943.jpg
    20211106_165943.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take loads of pics and watch, sps seem to keep up with any growth and ime never really caused issues.
Ok thanks for reply,will think and ponder what to do tonight and make decision tommorrow whether to ring lfs up or just keep as cutting the little nubs off where these things are inside isn't really an option as be left with next to 0 coral.
And do you know what growth looks like on a green slimer ? Is it like I shared in pictures in my last post above or is this dying where its white ?

And thankyou to everyone who reply to this thread, much appreciated

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for reply,will think and ponder what to do tonight and make decision tommorrow whether to ring lfs up or just keep as cutting the little nubs off where these things are inside isn't really an option as be left with next to 0 coral.
And do you know what growth looks like on a green slimer ? Is it like I shared in pictures in my last post above or is this dying where its white ?

And thankyou to everyone who reply to this thread, much appreciated
I’ve got a few of these on a green Acro. The flesh grows with the critter making a rediculously thin branch of Acro. Doubt if it’s related to the tissue death in the pic tbh

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I must be going blind. I don't know how you guys find and see these tiny pests on corals. I cant find anything hardly ever. I cant even see a copepod. I need bionic glasses or something.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So if cut a branch off this sps with the possible worm in it or barnacle or whatever it is.even if all of the worm/ barnacle is inside the piece I cut off and throw away in bin ,it still can return ?
Is this because it could of laid eggs or something like this ? And another worm/ barnacle re- grows ?
That should work

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here first video uploaded .its not the best.gpt another uploading on YouTube but be a bit yet till can share though.
@Tamberav I see you in a thread about acro burrowing worms I share above.so only way you could get rid was cut off the nub/ branch of the sps where the worm was correct ?
Question is does that branch fully die or recover and how long / big are these worms inside the sps as my green slimer these 2 whatever they are ,are in is small frag at 1.5- 2 inch tall by 1.5 inch wide and about 9 nubs growing off main body of green slimer .
So best course of action?
I had to put it in dt and on rockwork as no coral qt.i only got fish qt that always running but light and flow are rubbish so would probably die in there anyway

Dips did not kill it. When I super glued over it…. It grew out the other side of the acro so I just cut it off.

Mine was a spoirid worm. They don’t target acros or anything. Probably just got grown over or landed there and made a home inside.

I tried leaving it but the acro was dying around its hole so I cut it.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dips did not kill it. When I super glued over it…. It grew out the other side of the acro so I just cut it off.

Mine was a spoirid worm. They don’t target acros or anything. Probably just got grown over or landed there and made a home inside.

I tried leaving it but the acro was dying around its hole so I cut it.
Ok thanks for reply .
Not made moment up what to do at moment but more inclined to just watch it and see what happens tbh .if I cut off 4 nubs which looks like I got 4 inside then left with literally no coral so not a great idea so will just watch I think

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back