OP
OP
DudeBoy

DudeBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filefish worked wonders for me. Takes them a little while to realize the aiptasia are there before they start eating them
No issues with file fish eating any types of coral?
Are there any other fish they don't get along with?
My current livestock;
- couple pairs of clowns
- flame fin
- coral beauty
- flame angel
- foxface
- melanarus wrasse
- flame hawk
- midas blenny
- sailfin
- orchid dottyback
- a couple clown gobies
- neon engineer goby
- will add a yellow tang and possibly a purple tang in the near future

Bosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint worked for me.
But with caution as they do eat coral.
Introduced 2 peppermint to my tank week ago with about 5-6 apstsatia that I could see all asptatia now gone, but so is my frag of jon deer lepto

Lizdoesreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my tank for about 5 yrs now full of corals...and it's impossible to catch every baby aptasia. Not sure why everyone is so deathly worried about them. Once a month ..I use aptasia x and it does the trick..keeps the spread at a minimum. I will maybe 3-5 large suckers a month or so in my 125. I wait til they get large, seems easier that way. I do notice when my water parameters drop, there are more of them. As long as you keep up w the husbandry, they won't be a big issue is my opinion.

OP
OP
DudeBoy

DudeBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my tank for about 5 yrs now full of corals...and it's impossible to catch every baby aptasia. Not sure why everyone is so deathly worried about them. Once a month ..I use aptasia x and it does the trick..keeps the spread at a minimum. I will maybe 3-5 large suckers a month or so in my 125. I wait til they get large, seems easier that way. I do notice when my water parameters drop, there are more of them. As long as you keep up w the husbandry, they won't be a big issue is my opinion.

I treated with AptasiaX yesterday. There is definitely an art to the treatment, lol. The first zoa frag I accidentally put way too much on and melted several of the polyps. The next three spots I treated went much better.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back