Terms of Service and Vendor Forum

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trial and error but we’re working on it and thank you for your ideas. Trust me when I say I’m so open to make it better.

Oh and…..
37D2F8E1-7629-47E9-A9E1-F25143FF26AA.jpeg
On a side note, tell me the almost 5k pm's are not from just a single day or two...

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the question asked in such a polite way. Over the years we’ve had to explain this over and over and it’s never going to be an explanation that pleases everyone. BUT I am happy to give you a overall reason and listen to you on how we could improve it based on the reasons why we do it.

1. The main reason we enacted the one on one feedback policy was because we had people signing up with multiple accounts or just signing up to leave fake reviews and multiple reviews. Some of these were other vendors or vendor fanboys who would hop in a thread just to make another vendor look bad. The thread would degrade to nothing but a bash fest from people who had no actual business even posting in the thread.

2. We had people who had already left bad feedback continue to post in someone else’s thread about their feedback and the cycle was relentless.

3. We don’t ask you to use your real name here and so people would abuse this option by hiding under a pseudo name and post negative feedback even when they had not ever done business with a vendor. Yes this can still happen but at least it would only be allowed to leave once and a vendor is able to reach out to a member individually and make it right or at times find out this was just a hit job on their company. Yes it has happened many times!

4. We don’t care as much about positive feedback because people are not going to maliciously sign up to post positive about someone they hate. But we do have some tools that help us find out if someone is also shilling for a company. So we have our hands full both ways.

5. If we truly wanted to protect our vendors we would total delete the threads and not allow feedback at all. We would also not worry about those vendors who are NOT sponsors either. We also move those threads to feedback accordingly and still take heat even though they are not sponsors.

I’m open to a better way but there are a lot of dishonest people out there. There are also a lot of people who love to stir drama who keep threads stirred up who don’t even have a reason to be posting. The easiest way for us would just to have a policy that we allow NO feedback at all. But then that leads to more rabbit holes.

Finally, I can’t respond much today to this thread as I’m busy but I wanted you to know that I see it and I understand. There are also a few points I know I’ve missed but I’m posting in a hurry on my phone! ;) We’re open to make it better but the issues I mentioned have to be solved with the solutions that are presented.
I'm sure it is a balancing act. Great answer Rev!

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why this forum is amazing! Nice answer @revhtree and it does make since.

This has actually convinced me to become a partner member just now!
I agree. I became a partner member because this place keeps impressing me at every turn.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back