• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Terrible experience.. Pacific East Aquaculture..Blackstorm!!!!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since yesterday, I've been in communication with Pacific East Aquaculture regarding the pre-post sale on the Blackstorm to take place tonight at 8:pM there were multiple PMs. Stating that there will be 5 Blackstorm for the sale. There were multiple YouTube video's. What perk my interest was WYSIWYG, which stand for "What-You-See-Is -What-You-Get", in my experience if you post something for sale that is what you hope to get. There's was no mention in the 5 Blackstorm that from the 5 the large ones are not part of the deal. That I discover this evening when I purchase 2x Blackstorm, there were no choosing, but their advertising was "WYSIWYG", regardless sale or not. After I had purchase the 2x Blackstorm, I contact Pacific East Aquaculture on my purchasing the 2x Blackstorm. I send them 2 screen shot of there video telling them that I wanted the 2x blackstorm and had circle the 2 of interest. There response you can not have those 2 because those are larger, and those are full price $299 each...LOL sound like "bait-and-switch", this is not professional and deceitful. They had no intention in rectifying or to try to make good. So I requested my refund. Just a quick FYI, when someone said "WYSIWYG", make sure that is what your getting before you paid. Attach pictures of what they posted and what I send them.
2nd Blackstorm.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 8.16.19 PM.png

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Black Storms on sale are small. This person asked to buy them before they were posted. Numerous PMs followed about these and other clownfish. When he ordered them he wanted specific ones and I told him that was not being offered on the sale clownfish. I immediately issued an apology for any misunderstanding and gave him an immediate refund.

OP
OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you advertised a sale and state 5 are available and post a video with 5 supposedly Blackstorm that are available. And yes I requested a refund because the seller should have honor the sale, and did not. There are people that had great experience, but unfortunately this is the time they fail to hold there in of the bargain. The question is why did you post those 5 Blackstorm?

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones that were at the special price were the ones in the videos in this thread:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/sneak-peaks-139-black-storm-clownfish-59-blue-maxima-clams.509194/

The OP asked me in PMs about many other Clownfish and mistakenly thought others were in the sale and I told him they were not, even before the sale was ever posted. The ones in the video in the above thread were the exact ones available at the sale price. Once the sale was posted he wanted specific ones and I told him again that the sale priced ones were not the ones he sent me a pic of, the sale fish were in the video in the above thread, the exact ones in the video in the thread I posted above. He asked me about other Clownfish in several PMs and misunderstood which ones were at regular full price and which ones were at the special price.

In the meantime, I had several other R2R members wanting a pair but only 1 of the remaining sale clowns was available until we resolved the issue with the OP. Once his refund was processed the 2 he had bought were then again available for sale. I tried to accommodate every one that wanted these at the sale price, only 5 were available at the sale price, three folks bought 1 each and then once the 2 were reposted on our site after the refund someone else bought the 2. All 5 at the sale price sold.

This was a misunderstanding by the OP. I attempted to explian to him. His PMs were confusing and unclear and he asked about all types of clownfish and wanted to buy the sale Clownfish before they were posted, I told him they would be posted at 8pm Sunday and thats when they would be available. After he bought them he wanted specific ones in another video not part of the sale. He got mad and demanded a refund and it was given immediately, that was what he demanded and what we did immediately along with an apology and an explanation again. He then PMed me saying he would blast me, so here we are.

We had lots of amazing deals all week long and tons of folks took advantage of them and placed orders. We are grateful to everyone and appreciate your support. The plan was to offer some great deals and satisfy lots of customers and we have done that. I'm sorry this one person misunderstood something. Again, a refund was given as well as an immediate apology for any possible misunderstanding.

OP
OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was no misunderstanding on my part. The fact is that Pacific East Aquaculture advertised a sale about Blackstorm with price and videos and mentioned 5 available Blackstorm period.

I purchase 2x then requested which one I wanted because you stated WYSIWYG.
Then you replied you cannot have those, those are bigger, I would have to pay full price $299. Now your saying your confused and your saying I confused you. Let's be sincere I am talking about your advertising and your video. If those were not part of the sale, then you lied and you only had 3 Blackstorm. Your guilty and a liar. And I have no more to say. Own up to it. As a company Pacific East Aquaculture should pay for the Ad mistake. I'm done with this saga. I know I can sleep.

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 smalls were available and 5 sold. Other larger ones are available and were not part of the sale. Sorry again you misunderstood in PMs. You asked about a lot of different fish in PMs. I was clear as to what was for sale. As soon as it was clear you misunderstood an apology was given and an immediate refund issued as you requested.

Last edited:

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, the OP is a vendor, I will not name names nor disparage him as he has me. He has been insulting and attempting to blackmail to get his way. It was quite clear what was on sale and he threatened and has now bashed to get something on sale that was not. I have been honest and sincrere with him and repeatedly apologized that he misunderstood and gave him a refund immediately upon his request. The issue is resolved and I will not be blackmailed.

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your support. There is no need to disparage any one. The OP is trying to get his way and using this forum for that purpose. I understand that and have dealt with it. Blackmail such as this is used all the time and that is why vendor experience forums often get manipulated. BTW, all the fish we sell now are tank-raised, no more wild collected :)

OP
OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proof is in the putting! The 2 he had mentioned that was not part of the deal was no where on his site priced at $299
But clearly we see 5 Blackstorm available which he mentioned for sale. WYSIWYG means this this what he is selling. Not my words but his. FYI he removed the YouTube. All vendors, or sponsor should avoid this and stand behind what you sell or advertising. Case is closed.
85976f66728690bb0ce3fe4c6167752b.jpg
9e17fbeda4e956eb7aca27f216dd82cf.jpg
84e6ce3b53b2b765b313dc3a04a46abd.jpg
f0bcfe4c6cc6b680eb6f44586eb9ae01.jpg

OP
OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your support. There is no need to disparage any one. The OP is trying to get his way and using this forum for that purpose. I understand that and have dealt with it. Blackmail such as this is used all the time and that is why vendor experience forums often get manipulated. BTW, all the fish we sell now are tank-raised, no more wild collected :)
Firstly I'm not new to the hobby, I'm 61 yrs old so I doubt I was in diapers. I have seen him in many fragswap in Pennsylvania and in New York. Personally I dont know him, and perhaps he is a good person. However he lied, and try to make me look like an idiot. I provided sufficient amount of information that I was in the right. He as a professional and a business owner could have a avoided all of this but wants to believe that he was confused. But let's reflect to the ads that was posted. No one is perfect, but admit the mistake. Lastly I wasn't stealing his fish, and was not asking for additional discount. I just wanted to purchase 2 fish that was on sale that were WYSIWYG.

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again to explain one more time to the viewing public.

5 small Black Storm Clownfish were available at a special price of $139. I posted a teaser thread with a video of the small Clownfish. The OP sent a PM wanting to buy them before we posted them for sale. I told him they would be posted Sunday night at 8pm. The OP sent me several other PMs asking about other Clownfish. We exchanged numerous PMs about different clownfish. Another video was sent to him showing full priced larger Black Storms with some of the small ones as a comparison. All the videos are WYSIWYG, they are of Clownfish I actually have in stock. I clearly told him the small ones were going to be the ones on sale, he asked if I had other larger fish available and I do, but those were never included in the sale and that was made clear. After the sale went live last night the OP ordered 2. He then proceeded to send me photos with circles around the ones he wanted. I immediately told him the ones he circled were the larger full priced ones and not on sale. I had told him in PMs a few times the sale clowns were small and not offered as a pick from photo item. When I explained again that the ones he circled were not part of the sale he got mad and demanded a refund. The refund was given immediately and the small ones on sale were sold to someone else. All 5 small ones were available and sold, 3 sold individually and 2 sold togther. The OP then proceeded to tell me he would post a negative review despite me apologizing numerous times that he misunderstood our many PMs and after I refunded him.

The OP was given a refund within minutes of asking for it, he never asked for any other resolution. The refund happened prior to this thread being posted. The issue was resolved before this thread was published. This thread was posted as blackmail and spite. R2R says this forum exists for the customer and vendor to work things out, that happened before this thread was started. R2R doesn't care that the OP is a vendor and used this forum as blackmail. All too often vendors are held hostage to forums such as this. R2R promotes blackmail of sponsors by allowing this type of thread.

Last edited:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back