OP
R

robert.smith2888

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, led lights are typically variable intensity. If you set them to 100% power you may photobleach your corals. We use a par meter to know how intense the light is and basically adjust the dimmer switch accordingly. In the worst case you may need to raise or lower, or even adjust the placement of certain corals in your tank to accommodate their needs.
I’ll see if any one near me has the means to do this I’d rather be safe then sorry.
thank you so much for all of your useful information it is highly appreciated

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll see if any one near me has the means to do this I’d rather be safe then sorry.
thank you so much for all of your useful information it is highly appreciated
Happy to help! Check out lots of bulk reef supply videos on YouTube. There is some marketing in there, but also some seriously useful info for new reefers. I particularly like the "investigates" series in which they test various methods and theories and their "best of 2019" series, where they do head to head comparisons of products by category. For example, they have a nice set of head to head videos comparing test kits that I think you will find useful.

OP
OP
R

robert.smith2888

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to help! Check out lots of bulk reef supply videos on YouTube. There is some marketing in there, but also some seriously useful info for new reefers. I particularly like the "investigates" series in which they test various methods and theories and their "best of 2019" series, where they do head to head comparisons of products by category. For example, they have a nice set of head to head videos comparing test kits that I think you will find useful.
Will check that out right now .
thanks again buddy

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly starting out, salifert is cheap and repeatable.

Hanna checkers are nice, but they are a convenience.

If I had to go with one brand, it would be Salifert.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back