Test kits for reefbot?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hmmmmm

View Badges
Reaction score
Not sure I'm understanding this right. It states how much fluid is used, and how many vials you need on the reefbot. But then there is a column with how many bottles of a specific reagent you need to fil one of the 20ml vials.

Screenshot_2020-10-08-18-18-45-79.jpg

So the Giesemann phosphate test on top. I would need to buy 5 test kits, trow away 3x reagent1, and then I can do 46 tests? And if I buy the API kit I can do the same amount of tests with 1 test kit?

So the Giesemann variant reagent is diluted up to 5 times compared to API?

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Not sure I'm understanding this right. It states how much fluid is used, and how many vials you need on the reefbot. But then there is a column with how many bottles of a specific reagent you need to fil one of the 20ml vials.

So the Giesemann phosphate test on top. I would need to buy 5 test kits, trow away 3x reagent1, and then I can do 46 tests? And if I buy the API kit I can do the same amount of tests with 1 test kit?

[/

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score

No you won’t throw anything.
The geismann reagents are not used equally, you’ll be able to make the same amount of manual kits minus the first 10ml that you can top off over the old.
Different reagents and kits are not similar to each other.
It is not a condition that gieseman reagent is diluted 5 times that of API, their reagent B in the bottle has only 4 ml so they need 5 bottles to fill our 20 ml glass vial but it lasts for a really good time (46 tests).

If you need further information please email [email protected]

hmmmmm

View Badges
Reaction score
No you won’t throw anything.
The geismann reagents are not used equally, you’ll be able to make the same amount of manual kits minus the first 10ml that you can top off over the old.
Different reagents and kits are not similar to each other.
It is not a condition that gieseman reagent is diluted 5 times that of API, their reagent B in the bottle has only 4 ml so they need 5 bottles to fill our 20 ml glass vial but it lasts for a really good time (46 tests).

If you need further information please email [email protected]

Thank you for the quick reply. I do feel like an idiot now but still not sure I understand it correctly...

So the data sheet will show how much bottles you need to fill a 20ml vial, but that has no relation to the amount of tests? So the API needs 1 kit to fill a vial, and can do 46 tests.

The Giesemann needs 5 seperate kits to fill the vial, but can do 46 test for each kit, so 5x46? So the same amount of tests but needs more kits bought beforehand to get the right amount to fill the vial?

Could email this if you prefer but I can't be only dummy here, other people might be wondering the same?

( Also, just booked everything up and played around with the app. All worked easy, updated automatically, connected to Bluetooth and wifi without hassle, and the app look stable and simple to use. Heard about your quick response on questions, so overal; Chapeau!

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply. I do feel like an idiot now but still not sure I understand it correctly...

So the data sheet will show how much bottles you need to fill a 20ml vial, but that has no relation to the amount of tests? So the API needs 1 kit to fill a vial, and can do 46 tests.

The Giesemann needs 5 seperate kits to fill the vial, but can do 46 test for each kit, so 5x46? So the same amount of tests but needs more kits bought beforehand to get the right amount to fill the vial?

Could email this if you prefer but I can't be only dummy here, other people might be wondering the same?

( Also, just booked everything up and played around with the app. All worked easy, updated automatically, connected to Bluetooth and wifi without hassle, and the app look stable and simple to use. Heard about your quick response on questions, so overal; Chapeau!
Thanks for the kind words.
The number of tests and reagent used are not equal between brands. The ReefBot will use the same amount that is used manually.
So if the api or RedSea tell you to drop 10 drops of reagent A the ReefBot will do the same. Geisemann has better resolution than API in phosphate and we also recommend RedSea phosphate.

Sunreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can reef bot test potassium using salifert liquid test kit? Or any potassium kit for that matter?
I was wondering if we had any updates with the additional tests that the Reefbot can perform.

Potassium? Iron?

Also in the US are there any distributors for Colombo testing kits?

Back