Testing a different type of LED lighting, the Orphek Atlantik V4 | BRStv Investigates

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see these finally reviewed! Their ability to cover such a large area (I have 2 on a 2x6) is why I went with them over other led options. While more expensive per fixture than the competition, the total cost to light the tank was less.

Thanks for the review!

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had version 1. Could never get it dialed in, but realized it was my water quality, not the lights. I’m liking this version and after this review expect to sees it in quite a few more tanks.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ryanbrs - The light looks really promising from the review. May be finally I can think of an alternative to my radiums :)
Can a single module effectively illuminate 30 in x 30 in footprint where the height of the tank is 18 inches if hang at 16 inches height ?
Tank is 90-95 % acroporas only and hence makes me nervous to even think of a change.

Regards,
Abhishek

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad they did this review! I bought the ghl instead when i was comparing these 2 lights just due to customer support and such. Now that BRS is selling it however, I absolutely would have jumped on one of these, especially knowing it compares very well to t5

Ryanbrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ryanbrs Hold on a second, where is the UL listing scrutiny? I want this light dissected and blammed for house fires.

Okay, I'm half kidding. Great video and still my favorite panel LED on the market. Wish they were more available here in the US.

LOL, I'd rather not get lost down that rabbit hole but it does use an external Meanwell driver which is amongst the best out there for this application. We did take it apart and examine it, there is a legit heatsink and the unit weights 17 points. I think there are some approach similarities to cheaper options there but the performance data was light years different on almost every important front.

Wu Tang Clam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will seriously consider this option for my tank. This could save me $1600.00 over what I was planning on using which is Radion XR30w G4 Pro LED Light Fixture - EcoTech Marine (4X).

Hi I replaced my G3 Pros with the V4
And it really is a "No brainer" to go with the orphek.
The size of them is just awesome

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'e been saying all along on threads here about Orpheks. Have the V3+ and believe the only reason they were never a strong contender here in the US was due to support. The light is strong everywhere else in the world.
Now being sold at BRS more people will notice it is an impressive fixture

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it does use an external Meanwell driver which is amongst the best out there for this application.
Ryan, you made some strong comments about UL listing in the BB video. This is somewhat hypocritical.

Rhetorically speaking, if the orphek v4 sold for $150 would you be saying the same thing?

Despite the more than adequate heak sink on this fixture, the "license plate" heat sink has been proven to be adequate enough by many reefers.

Anyway, back to some real questions. I might have missed this but whats the total power on the V4 and does it have fans?

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 128 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back