Testing a different type of LED lighting, the Orphek Atlantik V4 | BRStv Investigates

jcarmo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights are assembled in Brazil!! Technically the lights are not made in China. I also own a different version of this light. And they are very reliable and trouble free LED’s

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I might be. Using one to start, or waiting to see if Black Friday has any awesome deals on these things.

Corey

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably because each one weighs almost 20 lbs. Until you see them, you don’t appreciate how big they are- 24 inches across. If they were to make a tank mount it would have to be at least 2 arms and even then I’d worry about the pressure on the glass.

Fair enough. Can these be mounted easily onto 80/20 or other? Just curious as to exactly what the top of the unit looks like for mount points.

Uncledd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to know how 2 of the smaller version would cover a 4ft tank. Can anybody chime in?

matu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video thanks guys. I bought a few sets and a month later was back to my old set up. I have a 450g multi reef and i agree that the best look is with 100% on all channels which watt for watt operating settings doubled my power consumption. My other issue and this comes from the fact that i try to replicate my dive experiences that has shadows and massive striations. Im sure i stand alone on that one ;) but a great light a tad expensive for what you can get these days to keep corals happy. Its all about the fish not the fish keeper :)

HippieSmell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough. Can these be mounted easily onto 80/20 or other? Just curious as to exactly what the top of the unit looks like for mount points.
There are four screws, one in each corner, that go through the fixture and screw into a small piece of hardware that has a hole in it for their hanging kit to attach using hooks. I run steel cable through the holes which is pulled taught, like a clothes line, on an 80/20 rig I use. As with anything 80/20, your imagination is your guide :)

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are four screws, one in each corner, that go through the fixture and screw into a small piece of hardware that has a hole in it for their hanging kit to attach using hooks. I run steel cable through the holes which is pulled taught, like a clothes line, on an 80/20 rig I use. As with anything 80/20, your imagination is your guide :)
Pictures would be great :)

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some spectrum Test /PAR test by Henning Wiese
Orphek-Atlantik-V4-distance measurement-spectrum-2.jpg
Orphek-Atlantik-V4-distance measurement-spectrum-1.jpg
Orphek Atlantik V4 Abstansmessung PAR- Wert.jpg

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 48x36x24 custom tank on order. Quickly learning this is a very odd size to light. Planning mixed reef. Mostly LPS and Softies with a few SPS sprinkled in. I know the recommended spread is 40x24 with max 48x35 at 16in height (according to orphek). If I plan the tank right as far as aquascape and SPS placement can I get away with one of these lights? Will it light the whole tank? And at what height?

I posed this question Orphek. They recommended 2 compact V4 for mixed reef of this size (39x27 spread per light) or 2 full size if SPS dominate. Right now in US you can only order compacts through them.

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size screw does the mount take? Thinking of going straight through 30x30 extrusion and into the fixture, reckon it'll work?

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size screw does the mount take? Thinking of going straight through 30x30 extrusion and into the fixture, reckon it'll work?

They are stainless metric bolts that are m4 or m5 (forgot which). I couldn’t find what I needed at the big box stores but Ace Hardware had some that worked. The way the screws go through the fixture from bottom to the top makes it relatively easy to figure out a mounting solution.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys, it's that time of the week to revisit some of your questions!

In today's R2R FAQ, Ryan answers questions from @reeferfoxx , @Bronx19 , @Velcro , @Ignitros , @Abhishek , @lactose , @Bruce Burnett ! We're talking about things like using a single light over deeper tanks, max wattages of the Atlantik V4, and if we'll be carrying the compact version. :)

Thanks so much for your questions and comments! Keep them coming!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back