Testing a different type of LED lighting, the Orphek Atlantik V4 | BRStv Investigates

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys, it's that time of the week to revisit some of your questions!

In today's R2R FAQ, Ryan answers questions from @reeferfoxx , @Bronx19 , @Velcro , @Ignitros , @Abhishek , @lactose , @Bruce Burnett ! We're talking about things like using a single light over deeper tanks, max wattages of the Atlantik V4, and if we'll be carrying the compact version. :)

Thanks so much for your questions and comments! Keep them coming!

My family never understands why I get so excited when I am 'BRStv' famous and my question is covered in the FAQ videos. Thank you again for all the videos and the answers.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys, it's that time of the week to revisit some of your questions!

In today's R2R FAQ, Ryan answers questions from @reeferfoxx , @Bronx19 , @Velcro , @Ignitros , @Abhishek , @lactose , @Bruce Burnett ! We're talking about things like using a single light over deeper tanks, max wattages of the Atlantik V4, and if we'll be carrying the compact version. :)

Thanks so much for your questions and comments! Keep them coming!

Yay! They're doing the AP700 video! I've been waiting for this. Super excited!! Thank you @Ryanbrs and @randyBRS !!! I've already got a bunch of questions for your R2R FAQ

Last edited:

fishnugget1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering whether to go Orphek or Radion. Have a 66 by 22 by 30 inch deep. Thinking of compacts vs xr30 Pro Gen 4. Any thoughts? Redoing tank. Will mostly be sps.

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant see how a Radion would be any match for the number of LEDs in the Orphek. To put it bluntly, a **** tonne of point sources > two point sources.

Wu Tang Clam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant see how a Radion would be any match for the number of LEDs in the Orphek. To put it bluntly, a **** tonne of point sources > two point sources.

Radions can't touch this light trust me there like little bitty toys compared to these lol

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering whether to go Orphek or Radion. Have a 66 by 22 by 30 inch deep. Thinking of compacts vs xr30 Pro Gen 4. Any thoughts? Redoing tank. Will mostly be sps.
If it's 66 " long you'll need a full size and maybe more.Or 3 compacts should give you ample coverage.

Last edited:

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Tossing up 2x V4 or 2x compact and a a360 in the middle.

mapbuild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 72 x 30 wide x 24 deep - 6" of the 30 wide is set into the wall so really a 6x2x2 - I currently have an 8x80w ATI hybrid which is awesome but I do like the look of these.

I have a mixed reef but it is Heavy SPS - Orphek have said 2 V4 units would be enough - what's the thoughts on here? Add to the fact they are currently including a free gateway and the offer is looking even more promising :)

Thanks

Mark

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back