Testing Reef Lights: What would you like to see?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 kessil 360's on a 48" tank , is that enough ?, open top tanks are not able to supplement and the cost of two ap700's is not a viable option for most, and one 700 mounted on the ceiling won't cut it due to light spilling over the tank. Mine are 8-10" from the surface and i still get a lot of spill over , granddaughter
staring up to look at Nemo is a concern of mine

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2 kessil 360's on a 48" tank , is that enough ?, open top tanks are not able to supplement and the cost of two ap700's is not a viable option for most, and one 700 mounted on the ceiling won't cut it due to light spilling over the tank. Mine are 8-10" from the surface and i still get a lot of spill over , granddaughter
staring up to look at Nemo is a concern of mine

I think it's enough, you'll have to plan your aquascape and coral placements.

Check out this old video of Ryan's tank. It's 4 foot long and is lit by 2 Kessil 360s. -

Cadenhuenefeld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rapid LED's Onyx fixture, how does it compare and preform. I see little about this unit out there but seems to preform very well for those who have used it. Very interested to know its actual PAR levels at different intensity levels.

Fishlee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue lights versus whiter lights on pest algae growth on rocks and glass. And coral growth (size not just color)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPS growth under Kessils!
+++ THIS
Especially the AP700, I messaged Ryan and Randy a while back asking them to do an in depth look at the AP700. They said it was in the works but a ways down the road.

bergman58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love would to see more on the Orphek Atlantik V4.
I think is would also be awesome to actually do testing for tanks deeper that2ft perhaps 2.5 foot and 3 or 4 foot as well.

As Broadwave said above for smaller tanks like a 2 foot cube lighting costs are to bad but the cost to set up LED's over an extra large tank like 8 foot and bigger (im trying to work out a 12 foot system, have been planning for the last 2 years) is huge and its these larger tanks that usually go deeper than 2foot.

SpikeWire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id love to see a compaison between a current light and the last model. Say AI 52 Hd vs the 52 non I'd, of the current Radion vs the previos model.

People sometimes feel the need for the latest model. Is the performance of a new model drastically different than the last generation?

I know I've struggled with this in the past. I currently have Hydra 52s. Are the 52 HDs that much better? I know you can run channels at over 100% but I've never even come close to 100% on any channel.

That kinda testing would be awesome for us consumers, maybe not so awesome for manufacturers... [emoji16]

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A grow out, shoot out! Multiple small cubes (or something similar) with a central sump and frags from the same colony under multiple lights at equivalent PAR levels.

Back