OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank is doing good. I have a dino bloom still it kinda on the light side tho. I tested my no3 with a new salifert test kit and got well under 5ppm was hard to tell I would say between 0 and 2?
I have a hanna po4 checker that I need to bust out but the regents are expired as it took me way to long to get the tank up and running. but from what i hear they still "should work" for ball park #

in stocking news.
I got a order of fish coming there getting conditioned at the suppler.
here is what I got:

McCosker's Wrasse
Melanurus Wrasse
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Royal Gramma ( hate to say it this will be my 3rd attempt I know right!)
Splendid Pintail Fairy Wrasse -really excited about this one!

normally I would not add 5 fish at once but tank has been up and running for a while now with just the one Midas blenny and these fish are on the smaller side.

also I went crazy last night durrning a live sale and bought a really nice rainbow trachy/wilisoni was expensive but I decided I would have less coral for ones I really love + it's nice a big. I would love to fill the tank up with healthy meat corals and euphyillia's.
almost got a basic acantho but was not sure and it sold...
so a frag of 4 duncans and that big fluffy meat will do my tank right.

pics to come....

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also I went crazy last night durrning a live sale and bought a really nice rainbow trachy/wilisoni was expensive but I decided I would have less coral for ones I really love + it's nice a big. I would love to fill the tank up with healthy meat corals and euphyillia's.
Very cool! Eager for pics. I am also planning my corals for the new tank and want the ones I love opposed to just filling the tank. Euphyillia gardens, blastos, micros, goni garden, zoa garden, galaxeas for sure. Will try some plate corals as well. And will add to the rhodactis rock and try again with ricordias. So excited! And so happy for your score!

AstroMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, now that's what I call a build thread! Just read it front to back...

Sounds like you have had a rough ride and I wish you well! Is it just too far for you to drive your fish home? Or maybe you don't drive? Imagine the stress they have to go through in the hands of a courier? We have only ever had one fish (freshwater - a Betta) delivered and he arrived in very poor shape even though it was overnight. He made it about a month but never recovered fully. I'll never do that again. I reckon a 3-4 hour drive is less stressful for the animal and at least you would be in control of the environment and wouldn't be throwing the poor things around as I imagine some courier workers might. They don't read the messages of the packaging. I remember when our fish arrived, the guy delivering it dropped it from the van as he got out the door. It had fragile and livestock written all over the box. Couldn't believe what I was seeing! Plus marine is so much more expensive and from what I am learning - sensitive to stress.

Anyway. Good luck and stick at it!!!

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, now that's what I call a build thread! Just read it front to back...

Sounds like you have had a rough ride and I wish you well! Is it just too far for you to drive your fish home? Or maybe you don't drive? Imagine the stress they have to go through in the hands of a courier? We have only ever had one fish (freshwater - a Betta) delivered and he arrived in very poor shape even though it was overnight. He made it about a month but never recovered fully. I'll never do that again. I reckon a 3-4 hour drive is less stressful for the animal and at least you would be in control of the environment and wouldn't be throwing the poor things around as I imagine some courier workers might. They don't read the messages of the packaging. I remember when our fish arrived, the guy delivering it dropped it from the van as he got out the door. It had fragile and livestock written all over the box. Couldn't believe what I was seeing! Plus marine is so much more expensive and from what I am learning - sensitive to stress.

Anyway. Good luck and stick at it!!!

hey thanks for reading the build thread.

yeah as of late its been a rough ride for sure. I have had fish shipped many times over the years no problem at all. but lately it been bad for me.

the closed LFS is 2.5 hrs each way and it small but if this next shipment does no go well then I am gonna reach out with my fish list and see what he can do.

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just catching up on your form. You have made a lot of progress since the last time I was here. From the pictures you posted, your house turned out great. Your tank is also looking amazing. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just catching up on your form. You have made a lot of progress since the last time I was here. From the pictures you posted, your house turned out great. Your tank is also looking amazing. Thanks for sharing.

thanks man we think the house turned out very well to. like most construction projects it took way longer and alot more money than we though. we love it tho!

the tank is starting to fill up too.

I got a new fish order in and all but one made it.

I got:
pintail fairy wrasse - really nice fish
McCosker's Wrasse
Melanurus Wrasse
Yellow Coris Wrasse-this guy did not make it when into hinding and came out the next day for a bit then have not seem him since.
Royal Gramma -this guys is pretty small kinda hids in is hole and dont swim around the tank much at all.
Firefish Exquisite I have always liked these guys. was not on the orginal fish list but said what the heck.

I know this is a lot of fish to add at once but the tank has been up and running for a while and the no3 &Po4 has been really low. so far so good.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
placed another large fish order we will see what we can get in but the suppler felt pretty confident he could get them all.

here is what I ordered its gonna be a big bill.
Halichoeres:
1x Melanurus Wrasse
1X Yellow Coris Wrasse- I really hope this guy makes it I need some yellow in the tank.
1X H. cosmetus “ adorned wrasse”
1X H. melasmapomus (earmuff)
1X H. iridis “Radiant Wrasse”

fairy wrasse
1x C. rubrimarginatus- red/pink Margin ferry wrasse -male.

i'll know more in a few weeks. once he get in the fish and conditions them.

and of course I am still coral shopping.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'll try to get some better pics of the fish and coral something I have been meaning to do anyway. need to bust out the camera and get serious with some aqua photog. :D

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful fishes on the way

Attachments

• C1865E40-F561-4DE0-B3FE-D770D2967AB6.gif
    C1865E40-F561-4DE0-B3FE-D770D2967AB6.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 32
OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GRRRRR

well one of my maxspect Gryes 350 stopped working. only wet since march. I have a support in with coral vue but bought the pump in April 2019 lets see what they can do to help me trouble shoot it.

and I found out today the 2 of my wellso are Aussie and they don't do very well as I noticed one with tissue rescission and other other not as big a fluffy. the green one it a Aussie that do do better then the other tho. so hopefully it will pull through.
the other we shall see. I was talking to help vendor and we got chatting about wellso and he said he always looses them with in 3-6 months :( I have no idea

ah reefing your gonna make me gray...

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on the flow. coral vue is sending out another controller! really hope this does the trick. be nice to have the flow back in my tank.

and the nice Aussie trachy died very fast with in 2 days of noticing some tissue loss now it's just a skeleton. boo was a nice piece.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got the Maxspect controller in today pump is spinning. one of the connectors to attach the pump is a little wonky but it working so I am good, as long as the plug dont fall out that is.
we will see how long this one last hopy alot longer than the other. I guess it's a known issue with these guys.

the fish should be coming in soon I to I hope.

kiinda of thinking of another large tank for a fish only system that way I can have all of the coral eating one I have always wanted. prob. will not happen but you never know. :) gotta dream eh.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back