Tetraselmus culture crash

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help with why my Tetraselmus culture appears to have immediately died. I received it yesterday and although it was considerably lighter colored than the nanno I usually work with, a microscope verified it was very much alive with lots of movement. Diluted it 50/50 with 1.025 sp. gr. sw, in two separate bottles, added F2 and aeration. This morning BOTH bottles were clear and colorless with tetra settled to the bottom. I swirled it around to mix and took some samples which showed clumping and very little movement.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help with why my Tetraselmus culture appears to have immediately died. I received it yesterday and although it was considerably lighter colored than the nanno I usually work with, a microscope verified it was very much alive with lots of movement. Diluted it 50/50 with 1.025 sp. gr. sw, in two separate bottles, added F2 and aeration. This morning BOTH bottles were clear and colorless with tetra settled to the bottom. I swirled it around to mix and took some samples which showed clumping and very little movement.
It's possible I may still have a living culture. Haven't scoped it again yet but a faint green color has returned.

7AE146BC-7EB0-4CA1-882F-6F2103C93AEF.jpeg

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was Tues morning. The two on right are the Tetra and the far right one I swirled around to mix before the pic

F5391F98-93EB-43C0-BC42-83003B7446B7.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back