Texas Coral Fest

uchin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

954E1A9E-97F4-45E5-AEDB-666CF6B92F3D.jpeg A2D524B5-4303-43F1-8EBE-624D83EAEDFA.jpeg

reefpea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So someone gonna film this and YouTube it? Personally I'd love to hear Shane's talk

medskie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I'm new here and this will be my first time attending an event like this. I'm curious how everything works and if I should bring anything to the swap. I will be traveling from the Houston area.

If I purchase a frag on Friday will I have to take it with me that night will the vendor hold onto so I can take it home Saturday? Do vendors prefer cash or offer cash discounts on stock typically? Should I bring a cooler or something similar to carry everything home with me? I was thinking of bringing an insulated cooler for transport since there is a good chance it will be cold weather next weekend. Any tips for a first timer are welcomed. Thanks in advance!!

FactoryKTMmotocross46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I'm new here and this will be my first time attending an event like this. I'm curious how everything works and if I should bring anything to the swap. I will be traveling from the Houston area.

If I purchase a frag on Friday will I have to take it with me that night will the vendor hold onto so I can take it home Saturday? Do vendors prefer cash or offer cash discounts on stock typically? Should I bring a cooler or something similar to carry everything home with me? I was thinking of bringing an insulated cooler for transport since there is a good chance it will be cold weather next weekend. Any tips for a first timer are welcomed. Thanks in advance!!
I have been twice to reef currents but first time here. I asked about the VIP friday but no details, so I'm not sure how that's going to work. Usually the vendors are just arriving and setting up the night before, there isnt even a time posted for friday night.
Definately bring a cooler for transport.
Definately try to pay with cash. They dont offer a discount for cash, but as a small business owner, all credit card transactions are hit with a % fee for them.

medskie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been twice to reef currents but first time here. I asked about the VIP friday but no details, so I'm not sure how that's going to work. Usually the vendors are just arriving and setting up the night before, there isnt even a time posted for friday night.
Definately bring a cooler for transport.
Definately try to pay with cash. They dont offer a discount for cash, but as a small business owner, all credit card transactions are hit with a % fee for them.

Thanks for the info. I will bring cash!

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bring a cooler, hand warmer heat packs and/or cold packs. Typically the coral will be fine overnight until you make the drive home. I would also bring a few gallon zip lock bags as some bags may leak if you carry them around all day during the show. From my experience EVERYONE prefers cash but everyone takes paypal either via phone/email or debit/credit. I've seen some offer discounts when paying cash.

They may hold your corals for you at the show, but I would ask each vendor before you go.

This show is the best show in the DFW area! I hope you have a good time!

medskie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bring a cooler, hand warmer heat packs and/or cold packs. Typically the coral will be fine overnight until you make the drive home. I would also bring a few gallon zip lock bags as some bags may leak if you carry them around all day during the show. From my experience EVERYONE prefers cash but everyone takes paypal either via phone/email or debit/credit. I've seen some offer discounts when paying cash.

They may hold your corals for you at the show, but I would ask each vendor before you go.

This show is the best show in the DFW area! I hope you have a good time!

Looking forward to it!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VIP is from 7pm to midnight. Not sure about all vendors but the one I talked to was going to be setting up early Friday afternoon. I haven't heard of anythings else special about Friday night other than you get first shot at the corals. Between this, Aquashella - Dallas and Reef Currents, we have some good shows in Texas.

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be making the drive out tomorrow morning, my hope is to get there right at gates open, so I'll probably make it around noon (lol)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%

Back