Texas Man Dies from Apparent Exposure to Palytoxin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The article seems objective and relevant.. what more do you want? Raising awareness could hardly be irresponsible.

Sorry, that doesn't make the case for anything really.... posting information... on the internet... in the proper place.. how dare he? And maybe he doesn't participate in forums because he just has a life?

You know I watch all of the RB videos and they are some of the best.
No doubt this guy is industry sponsored but I have seen him make critical remarks on multiple occasions which is more than can be said for a lot of other venues ("reefhacks" comes to mind).
Furthermore, people always say "don't take the advice if you don't see their tank". Well this guy shows himself to be quite skillful I think.
Thanks ReefBuilders.

Texas Man Dies from Apparent Exposure to Palytoxin​

is not the same as:

"could have been exposed to Palytoxin but it is unclear how this could have happened or if that was actually the cause of death"

The cause of death within the article posted was much more ambiguous and uncertain than the headline suggests.

Doug6952

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back from the ER from palytoxin contact.
I had planned on using gloves before handling the zoas to try to remove a hydroid that was stinging it. I started getting things ready and grabbing gloves slipped my mind. Won't be doing that again.. gloves will be the first thing I grab..
After getting it back in the tank, I started feeling a tingling sensation under my left thumbnail. Awhile later started feeling it in my forearm. When it got up to my shoulder I headed for the ER.
Luckily it was minor and was feeling better about 4 hours after first tingle. I'll be mindful of how I'm feeling for the rest of the night and tomorrow.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back