• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Thank you to the entire team at GlassCages

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the eve of my custom tank shipping, I’m to excited not to share a quick post.

I plan to start a formal build thread soon. In the meantime, a quick thank you to @Joe Glass Cages and the entire team at GlassCages.

I researched for months and at the end GlassCages was the right choice for me. The customer service was beyond phenomenal. Communication was almost always immediate and I felt like I was talking to an old friend every time.

I highly recommend anyone shopping to consider GlassCages and get a quote! Can’t wait to start build thread and share the journey with anyone who joins along!

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOOHH,a new ride i'm in,you even going to be able to sleep tonight ;) lol..congrats:cool:
I won’t sleep all week. So much planning and prepping. It’s crazy all the little things. My wife is all ready freaking with the piles of supplies and equipment I’ve been gathering! Thanks!

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank?
Tank is 72x30x25. Calculates out to around 240g, probably only 220 after sand and rocks.

Sump is a Bashsea SS60, 60g ish, probably only 30g running.

My calculations about 250g system!! Yay!!!

Last edited:

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the eve of my custom tank shipping, I’m to excited not to share a quick post.

I plan to start a formal build thread soon. In the meantime, a quick thank you to @Joe Glass Cages and the entire team at GlassCages.

I researched for months and at the end GlassCages was the right choice for me. The customer service was beyond phenomenal. Communication was almost always immediate and I felt like I was talking to an old friend every time.

I highly recommend anyone shopping to consider GlassCages and get a quote! Can’t wait to start build thread and share the journey with anyone who joins along!
Thanks so much @dreamcatcherr9. Glass Cages honored you selected us for your next build in your journey. This is such an awesome community of support!

U

User1

View Badges

They do seem like a nice bunch of lads and lasses now don't they? Looking forward to watching your progress. Hope you and yours are having a great day!

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank arrived over the holiday weekend! I still can’t express enough gratitude to GlassCages who made the whole experience smooth and easy.

With all the back and forth (my indecisiveness), I’m glad the communication was beyond my expectations.

Tank and stand shipped via C+L Carriers, who originally quoted a Monday (6th) delivery date, and after my begging and pleading, managed to have it delivered on Friday July 3rd! Just in time for the holiday weekend.

Tank and stand arrived on separate pallets (not stacked) and excellently packaged.

I spent the weekend starting to play, but boy is this going to be a slow process!

If your are shopping new tanks, check out Glasscages! ❤️

C8A0D3AA-928E-4100-A2A3-F9F12E605DDE.jpeg 6AB5D1C1-96E1-4C06-B5D1-9A7F1D7B4ADB.jpeg 243061F1-EC94-43E8-8355-CC6BD1E6924D.jpeg

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much everyone. Glass Cages is honored to be selected for this build! thank you very much. We are watching your build @dreamcatcherr9.

Here is a pic of your tank before it left the Glass Cages studio. Gorgeous!

IMG_1761.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another compliment to GlassCages.

It’s the little things sometimes, the packaging was on point (and I have experience in the field), including the glass tops that got included (packaged and sent with tank).

The glass tops; that’s what I wanted to compliment. The tank it self was made to order, with little details that make it stand out!

I am using a EMS overflow box. GC had to cut and move the cross bracing in such a way to accommodate the length of the overflow box.

With that, the openings in top of tank are not standard. The glass tops are cut and match perfectly!!

Glass tops are thicker than I expected (Maybe 1/4”?) not as heavy duty as the 3/4” glass the tank itself has which would have been way to thick for but not thin 1/8” glass I was expecting.

My build slowly continues but I must say I am happy with my starting point (the tank and stand from GlassCages). Just sharing....

8BAA1E29-A234-4E52-861C-EC29E926FA80.jpeg E5446773-2E81-4E00-9153-B7E9570CA817.jpeg DAC4E732-90D5-45E8-BE1C-65B8E45EADF2.jpeg

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back