• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Thank you to the entire team at GlassCages

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very happy for you! Eye-balling that as a 60” x 24” x 24” tank (again, guessing), and you say 3/4”, was it difficult for 2 people to lift? Did you need suction cups?
Realistic, it took at least 4 to lift. Yes, with suction cups (4 of them), it was worth the investment.

It’s a beautiful tank! GC is amazing to work with. But 3/4 glass is no joke. Mine is 72”. Maybe at 60” only 1/2” thick glass (?).

Mine is definitely built like a “TANK”!

Whatever you decide, enjoy! ❤️

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more pics to share.

97E37DAC-589C-47A9-9670-33A51D282719.jpeg 51B5C400-1DCC-405A-812A-C8CB3CD92640.jpeg 512C6856-47C9-4672-80EE-10646B4F093B.jpeg 90CE432E-E44E-44EB-B167-4E7485DE4F0A.jpeg B83A3C9E-0A78-4757-9DAD-F43A2FF2B5A7.jpeg

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Your answer came during my question. Many thanks!
And I say 4 minimum. I got lucky and had 5 friends, with me made 6. I am about 180lbs, but the 5 friends ranged from 150 to 170 lbs.

2 guys each side, each double fisting a suction cup. Going into the stand me and the extra guy (smallest) got under the tank as it was lifted and gave extra support from bottom (but probably not needed).

I had tank sitting on furniture dolly (harbor freight) and moved into house and eventually into lifting position to stand. So suction cups and furniture dolly great investment.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, straight-on you can visually tell that at 3/4” it would be built like a tank. A few more questions: It looks like styrofoam under the tank— it that reclaimed from the packing? And the cut-outs in the back of the stand, is that their standard number and pattern, or did you need particular holes for your particular sump arrangement?

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, straight-on you can visually tell that at 3/4” it would be built like a tank. A few more questions: It looks like styrofoam under the tank— it that reclaimed from the packing? And the cut-outs in the back of the stand, is that their standard number and pattern, or did you need particular holes for your particular sump arrangement?
Great questions. The styrofoam was compliments of GC. It came with the tank. Included in packaging, but it was sitting on the stand (in that spot) basically. I was happy they included.

The stand can be cut out to your desires (with some limitations)! I love saying they make all of their tanks custom to build as ordered. Stands too. So stand can have no cut outs, top cut outs (for internal overflow), or special requests.

Mine was particular. And it did have some limitations (15” wide was the largest without compromising structural supports). And at first they couldn’t do center cut out (only side off set) but eventually after much discussion were able to help accommodate my requests.

GlassCages was great to work with, again, I was all over the place with the tank and stand. They worked with me every step of the way!

Last edited:

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked (e-mailed) them last night about a 96” x 30” x 25” with stand, 1/2” glass with 3/4” bottom. That’s why I’m asking all the questions. (Lol) They e-mailed me a response today, and I got a follow-up pone call... so excellent communication from Glass Cages, just as you mentioned. (I see you got lift-truck delivery to your home, which is the route I would probably go.) I’ll be following your journey right through water and fish. Best wishes!

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked (e-mailed) them last night about a 96” x 30” x 25” with stand, 1/2” glass with 3/4” bottom. That’s why I’m asking all the questions. (Lol) They e-mailed me a response today, and I got a follow-up pone call... so excellent communication from Glass Cages, just as you mentioned. (I see you got lift-truck delivery to your home, which is the route I would probably go.) I’ll be following your journey right through water and fish. Best wishes!
Thanks!! I have a separate build thread (link above under my name). Lots of me talking to much (lol) but more pics too.

I have not updated in a few days but I will this weekend, now that I have more time to play.

Feel free to ask any questions you’d like! Love the discussion!

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I wanted a 96” long too! But would not fit in the spot I had available. I considered 36” wide too, but would not fit through front door!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right?! Have to watch that door width! But I checked out your great build thread— I knew dreamcatcherr9 sounded familiar; I had checked it out during my research. But WOW, I think I will change from a Synergy overflow to the EMS overflow I followed (link) in your build.

PS: Did you paint the tank, or did Glass Cages?

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right?! Have to watch that door width! But I checked out your great build thread— I knew dreamcatcherr9 sounded familiar; I had checked it out during my research. But WOW, I think I will change from a Synergy overflow to the EMS overflow I followed (link) in your build.

PS: Did you paint the tank, or did Glass Cages?
GC did it for me. It’s a film (not a paint). Done very nicely. I would have painted myself, the black background was almost a must. Thanks for following!

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t see any holes cut in the eurobracing— do you not have any cords at all in the tank, like heater cords or wave maker cords?
The middle back section does not have the bracing (due to the over flow). I run my wave maker pump cords there. It does limit the positioning and final esthetic look, but manageable. I could also solve with those expensive wave makers with external power / cords, but the price. Something for a future upgrade maybe.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 72x30x25. Calculates out to around 240g, probably only 220 after sand and rocks.

Sump is a Bashsea SS60, 60g ish, probably only 30g running.

My calculations about 250g system!! Yay!!!
Haha, Bashsea, good man

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back