...THAT LAMP I LIKE IS NOT COMING BACK IN STYLE....:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals -- Sorry if I missed this, but what bulb will you run now that Iwasaki are going away? What will be your replacement of choice

Oh am sure like many of us Adam has a stash of Iwasakis that can last a couple of years . And some Reeflux 10K 400 too I hope :)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Battlecorals -- Sorry if I missed this, but what bulb will you run now that Iwasaki are going away? What will be your replacement of choice

Well, i got all of three years worth here, so by then I may just swap out the halides for LED's lol, my second in line was the reflex 10K and i think they are also gone, or will be by then i bet

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, i got all of three years worth here, so by then I may just swap out the halides for LED's lol, my second in line was the reflex 10K and i think they are also gone, or will be by then i bet

I knew it ! Think I have known you far too long now :D
Anyways , where did you find your stash of reeflux 10k ? I have been searching every possible place with no luck

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I knew it ! Think I have known you far too long now :D
Anyways , where did you find your stash of reeflux 10k ? I have been searching every possible place with no luck

I do not have a 10k stash. Just the 9 sakis I recently bought

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the Horticulture ones, not the ones were talking about. In fact, I'm specifically asking if he's interested in the horticulture ones too.

I always assumed they were the same and bought the horticulture ones back in the day because they were cheaper and visually looked identical. Hamilton was always of little help, the most I got was they are different SKU’s and thus a different product lol

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have a few of these bulbs for you, I always have stuff, too many yrs in the storage business.
I’ll send them to you, ok, barter time

Horseshoe John. Are you ready for a few Horseshoes?

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always assumed they were the same and bought the horticulture ones back in the day because they were cheaper and visually looked identical. Hamilton was always of little help, the most I got was they are different SKU’s and thus a different product lol
The might be, but I wasn't entirely sure. I figured Adam might know if there's a difference.

Otherwise I know he's fond of the 6500k T5 bulbs, and if I remember correctly, his photons have added yellow/white led diodes too

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, sorry if it was mentioned, but Hamilton carries 250 and 400 watt 6500k bulbs on their website. Have you (or anyone else) tried these for growth? Any opinion on them vs the iwasaki

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I support the growth and reliability of them. I have a 72' (hard to find) 4 pod unit for sale and with the proper support ( this has 4 T12 bulbs), coral will grow like weeds. This looks big, but its' Super light in weight. Those MH bulbs make a difference

660 light4.jpg
660 LIGHT1.jpg
660 LIGHT2.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back