The “Unofficial” Classified/Selling Forum Suggestions

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Been thinking since there’s been a lot of complaints about the selling forum and the upgrade to the classified system, it may be good to start a single thread where suggestions or ideas can be made instead of the multiple places. That said, the admin and mods are listening to us and seeing what they can do to help out. For example they’ve already increased maximum ad allowances and number of photos allowed in initial post.

Here’s my first suggestions:
  • Include location in the discussion portion (perhaps combined in the shipping/pick up only area).
  • OR Make a thread state tag mandatory. This would be kind of like the old system where people could select their state and it’d show at the beginning of the thread title.
This is based on a lot of people not seeming to notice the ad location in the overview tab.
  • Enable a buy it know type option. Without going the auction route, maybe have a way for a person to buy it now by allowing the seller to include their PayPal and a inventory quantity and allowing a buyer to click buy it now and the quantity (if more than one) to send money right away. The buyer and seller can then discuss shipping dates etc.

This is just a thought. I don’t know how the community would feel about this due to the “I pm’d him/her first before so and so bought it…”

Feel free to post other ideas/suggestions. Please note, the mods/admin want more than just “go back to the old way”

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The email notifications are useless now. I used to like seeing the thread preview in the email, now I see “This thread is for the general discussion of the classified ad…” with no pictures.

My wife even noticed I’m not spending as much money lately!

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with going back to what works, so I suggest doing that and then implement small changes to address specific problems over time.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm that’s a good point and something to look into. I never noticed that as I have those notifications turned off

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back