The 240: Out of the ashes a Phoenix shall rise...

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran across this photo:

0E9OgpzXQqWYrB7JpDJcyQ.jpg

This is when we first got the yellow bellied regal. We thought she was dying for 4 hours. Then, all of a sudden, she popped up and started picking at rocks and eating nori.

She is now over 6" long and fat and happy.

My buddy Coy came over to borrow my camera filter and took one look at my tangs and said they are the healthiest he's ever seen which is amazing because some of them were near death rescues. Garlic, Nori, Sustainable aquatics pellets and New life spectrum pellets, along with clean water is what it takes.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran across this photo:

0E9OgpzXQqWYrB7JpDJcyQ.jpg

This is when we first got the yellow bellied regal. We thought she was dying for 4 hours. Then, all of a sudden, she popped up and started picking at rocks and eating nori.

She is now over 6" long and fat and happy.

My buddy Coy came over to borrow my camera filter and took one look at my tangs and said they are the healthiest he's ever seen which is amazing because some of them were near death rescues. Garlic, Nori, Sustainable aquatics pellets and New life spectrum pellets, along with clean water is what it takes.
I demand pics of Tiny!!!!!!!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I demand pics of Tiny!!!!!!!
doing some sprucing up tonight after filing the ring gaps for the 460's pistons. Will take photos then. :)

I'm not admitting to anything but nitrous gapping on a 4.360 bore is .032" Just FYI. ;Wideyed

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doing some sprucing up tonight after filing the ring gaps for the 460's pistons. Will take photos then. :)

I'm not admitting to anything but nitrous gapping on a 4.360 bore is .032" Just FYI. ;Wideyed
I prefer gapless lol. But my cars are more boost oriented. For your son. T70 turbo brick.

Mocking up the car during building and the car lol. Yes that is a chinabay turbo for mock up. Not gonna scratch up a good turbo when I have to put in and pull the motor 15 times lol.

22D81B79-A91C-4C75-8A13-35114357FF63.jpeg

0F9DC010-01F0-4EB8-93E3-0E112F4CFF22.jpeg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the prices buildings are today, my shop got put on hold. It's insane what they want for a basic pole barn type building on a concrete pad. Really stinks.

BTW, the quote on my roof almost tripled from last spring.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank God mine is brick. $1700 plus paint to paint it when we remodel. That doesn't include the shutters or doors but we can do that.

I have been changing up lighting. The DIY striplights I was working on with Orphek just aren't putting enough light in the 240. The color is great.

So, I am adding A160WE to the fixture as I can afford them. As of tonight it will have 2 and two A150 Deep Ocean Blue. Eventually, I will replace the A150 with A160.

I also have a spectral controller going to be here tomorrow.

With just the two 150, par numbers under them over doubled and there is plenty of light for a mixed reef. The 150 aren't as strong as the 160 so I will measure under them as soon as they are hooked up.

I took photos of the fish (especially Tiny!) and they turned out horribly because I loaned my filters to my buddy.

He is bringing them back tomorrow and I will take more.

I complain about fan boys and prices when it comes to most lighting but, I have to say, I am happiest with Kessils. Easy to program (or not!) very small and light weight and you can't deny the shimmer and color. I would have gone with 360s but I already had one 160 and 2 150 and, honestly, don't think I need them right now. Eventually, shadowing will hopefully happen and I will just add 160s as spots to reduce this kinda like was Simon does on his 450.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, I am not opposed to 360WE and wish I hadn't sold mine, but, the money went for a good cause.

If you know of any 160, 150 or 360 for a reasonable price, shoot me a message. This includes an h160 for my fuge.

I like my current light but it grows some weird film algae as well and I hate cleaning it.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is being moved! I am getting a fish building and turning it into FOWLR and setting up two 30x30x10 frag tanks, a 36x36x18 reef and a 90 FW planted angel tank.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking out your build threads. This is number 2. Your badge goes to your first one. Tried to go to the one above and it won't let me. You can edit your signature and put a link to each build thread. I actually need to take my old tank out of my signature line!

So sorry with all your life challenges and hope your sons have healed from their accidents, and you from all your issues!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking out your build threads. This is number 2. Your badge goes to your first one. Tried to go to the one above and it won't let me. You can edit your signature and put a link to each build thread. I actually need to take my old tank out of my signature line!

So sorry with all your life challenges and hope your sons have healed from their accidents, and you from all your issues!
Well besides Covid we are doing well. Many things have changed in the last year and mostly for the better.

thanks

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just started reading your thread today. I'm really sorry you lost your shop man, covid has cost me a lot as well, so I can really relate to your loss. However, with health problems it was probably a blessing in disguise. I'm dealing with health issues too and I can tell you that cutting back on stress and enjoying yourself more is key. I'm forcing myself to learn how to do that.

I have a lotta family down in Mississippi and I've spent a lot of time down there. I don't know how on earth you guys can handle that heat and humidity. Is it hard to keep your reef temps low enough? Is central air adequate or do you need to run a chiller? Seeing all the pictures of your fish makes me want to set up my empty 220 as a FOWLR. I'd love an Emperor Angel. Anyway, take care and I hope to see more pics of your tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started reading your thread today. I'm really sorry you lost your shop man, covid has cost me a lot as well, so I can really relate to your loss. However, with health problems it was probably a blessing in disguise. I'm dealing with health issues too and I can tell you that cutting back on stress and enjoying yourself more is key. I'm forcing myself to learn how to do that.

I have a lotta family down in Mississippi and I've spent a lot of time down there. I don't know how on earth you guys can handle that heat and humidity. Is it hard to keep your reef temps low enough? Is central air adequate or do you need to run a chiller? Seeing all the pictures of your fish makes me want to set up my empty 220 as a FOWLR. I'd love an Emperor Angel. Anyway, take care and I hope to see more pics of your tank.
Check out the new build thread with my upcoming fish building.

I have never had heat issues in my tanks. Now personally I hate the heat.

lol

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 141 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.2%
Back