The 240: Out of the ashes a Phoenix shall rise...

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder why?
ABAADB4A-C43A-4505-B71B-1753DF8E9C51.jpeg

that’s a bad pic

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loaded OK for me.... Nice fish ! !

only works on an iPhone.

I have been wanting one for a long time. They have been so cost prohibitive until recently.
They are very finicky and hard to get them through the first week from my understanding but this guy was eating well and had been held for three weeks for me. So I have high hopes.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess this is a bittersweet build. Following along. Looking great so far. Hope you can open up shop later on under better circumstances.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess this is a bittersweet build. Following along. Looking great so far. Hope you can open up shop later on under better circumstances.

I probably won’t but, if I do, it’ll be frags and high end planted stuff. Fish will be special ordered and I would run it out of a spare room.

I have a real bad taste from This go round. As soon as I announced the closure, many turned their backs on me or wanted something for free or falsely claimed I owed them something. I won’t ever go through that again.

Right now, I am going to enjoy being a hobbyist

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you who dose DIY two part, do you mix up a few gallons in a bucket and store it or do you mix it each time you fill your reservoir?

I have a 3 x 2 liter reservoir setup and I think it may be tedious to have to mix all three each time I refill.

5 gallon buckets and lids are cheap and don't take a bunch of space so I thought I may go that way. Just don't want it to lose it's potency.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you who dose DIY two part, do you mix up a few gallons in a bucket and store it or do you mix it each time you fill your reservoir?

I have a 3 x 2 liter reservoir setup and I think it may be tedious to have to mix all three each time I refill.

5 gallon buckets and lids are cheap and don't take a bunch of space so I thought I may go that way. Just don't want it to lose it's potency.
I mix one gallon at a time because the measurements are easy and I have 1 gallon containers. My dosing containers are 3L so I can fill them once with a little left over in case I get lazy and don't mix up a new batch as soon as I refill.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as I announced the closure, many turned their backs on me or wanted something for free or falsely claimed I owed them something.
Crud.. I didn't even think about that! I missed a great opportunity! Umm.. you owe me.. you promised me... can I get back to you on that? ;Troll

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably won’t but, if I do, it’ll be frags and high end planted stuff. Fish will be special ordered and I would run it out of a spare room.

I have a real bad taste from This go round. As soon as I announced the closure, many turned their backs on me or wanted something for free or falsely claimed I owed them something. I won’t ever go through that again.

Right now, I am going to enjoy being a hobbyist
I have some friends that opened up shops. It wasn’t a hobby anymore for them. And it took me awhile to see it and understand it. So I completely get where you’re coming from.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crud.. I didn't even think about that! I missed a great opportunity! Umm.. you owe me.. you promised me... can I get back to you on that? ;Troll
Right!!!! Dang it Brew. We should have thought of that and tried to get free stuff!!!!!

but seriously, things like this show is who “really” cares and who doesn’t.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right!!!! Dang it Brew. We should have thought of that and tried to get free stuff!!!!!

but seriously, things like this show is who “really” cares and who doesn’t.

I cannot say enough about you and brew12 among others. You guys are awesome!
I just hope we see each other soon.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use kitchen 15 liter translucent food storage buckets with lids. Got them from a kitchen supply store for under $30 I think for 3 with lids.
1630048.jpg

Last edited:

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I took down the 93 cube to take everything to my store that I opened in March. A virus, tanking economy and a few other factors are causing me to close said store. Rather that make preparations for Hari Kari I decided to move this reef home:

2020-05-04_15-23-08_165.jpeg

In order to do so, I have to break down the cousin 240 freshwater tank and move it home:

20200307_195015135_iOS.jpg

I am almost done with the stand. I have gathered the following equipment:

7 - Noopsyche K7 pro II (5 for use on tank and two backup/frag)
Curve 9 elite skimmer
Jaebo wifi doser
Several jaebo wavemakers (Can't beat them for the cost IMO)
A DCP12000 return pump and a DCP7000 backup
500 watt titanium heater and controller and several backup heaters with an Inkbird controller
A bunch of special grade reef floor and aragalive

That's it for the new.

The inhabitants are several softies, lps and a purple gorg along with this fish list:

Chocolate tang
3 x yellow tangs
Yellow belly regal
Tiny the 11" blonde naso
Engineer goby
4 azure damsels
Pair of mollie millers (laying eggs)
Pair of Oscillaris (laying eggs)
a lone barred dartfish (I want two more)
Scribbled Rabbitfish

About 150 pounds of completely coralline encrusted rock

The plan is to bring the stand home and get everything ready to drill the 240 and plumb it in one day. Moved it back against the wall and start filling the next day with new saltwater. The third day we turn on the flow and the fourth day we transfer all live stock and rock. It's ambitious, but, I have done crazier.

I won't even need to reprogram the lights just devise a new mounting scheme.

After that @Brew12 will help me dial in dosing so I can upgrade from kalk and we should be off to the races!
Dang man that really sucks about your shop. I hate that so much for you guys. The last LFS in Asheville shut down and coronas was the last straw for them. Silver lining though is that tank is gonna look sick man! I’ll be watching. I hope it gets better

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use kitchen 15 liter translucent food storage buckets with lids. Got them from a kitchen supply store for under $30 I think for 3 with lids.
1630048.jpg

That was kind of the idea. Thanks for the verification!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang man that really sucks about your shop. I hate that so much for you guys. The last LFS in Asheville shut down and coronas was the last straw for them. Silver lining though is that tank is gonna look sick man! I’ll be watching. I hope it gets better

It sucks but, it will be good in the long run. I am sure of it.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your experience with the store but on the bright side you got this great 240 gallon tank and lots of livestock at wholesale prices! Plus I think you gave Joe at Glass Cages a boost in sales and exposure to lots of new potential customers! Glad you are okay and the pain will fade over the dream. Still think your idea with the tanks for veterans was and is a great idea. Perhaps this is the way to pay it forward in the future!

I am attending a memorial for a young veteran who could no longer take this world and checked out. Great young man that was a Marine but that was only part of who he was! I am humbled to be included in the small private gathering to honor his life.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back