OP
TragicDog

TragicDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my BRS order in today with the silicone and after a quick cleaning of the glass (tank and patch) It is in place with a wooden support and a clamp. Beads aren't as clean as I'd like, but the smallest one is 1/4" and there doesn't appear to be any air bubbles that will cause issue down the road. We'll find out a week from tomorrow if it still leaks. (please God let it not leak)

OP
OP
TragicDog

TragicDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is filling for a leak test. should hit the patch level sometime this evening... if it holds water I'll add salt and mix.

How long do you think I should let it sit for before being sure it's not gonna leak?

OP
OP
TragicDog

TragicDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Houston, we have started the cycle...

IMG_2888.jpg IMG_2887.jpg

OP
OP
TragicDog

TragicDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally hit zero, did my water change and moved my clowns and CUC over to the new tank right before Turkey Day.

I've never seen my emerald crab so active.

Then yesterday my daughter told me "mom said I can go buy a fish today for the tank".... um ok... so a tail spot blenny, diamond goby, and ranford goby later I'm on my way home from an LFS.

Saw the diamond goby today, and the ranford came out to get some pellets. haven't seen the tail spot yet... So far the tank is doing pretty good. I turned one of the 3 AI Prime's I have over it on just to help with getting some ugly stage, and something for the herbivores to eat. I will probably regret it later, but so far so good.

OP
OP
TragicDog

TragicDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tail spot blenny found a hole in a rock next to the clowns. Everyone is happy and eating.

ive got to get a better way to do a water change then hauling a 20g brute in.

OP
OP
TragicDog

TragicDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did my 2nd water change (after adding fish), and I got to say that owning a python, or one of the many variations is TOTALLY WORTH it!!! was able to do the entire water change without moving a single bucket. Next step is to set up an actual water storage system and some kind of AWC.

Haven't seen my one of my Gobys in a bout a week. I starting to think he hasn't made it. But the Diamond Goby, Tail Spot Blenny, and 2 Clowns are enjoying themselves. My Emerald Crab looks like it's grown 1/2" since I brought it over from the 10g.

Really wish Yellow Tangs weren't so much right now... anyone have a solid replacement?

OP
OP
TragicDog

TragicDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jeez that was a roller coaster ride of a read.

post pics man
why didn't I get an email about this...

Oh well. Here's one badly edited. I need to get a filter for my phone.
IMG_3372.jpeg
I'm in the uglies. This is from about 2 weeks ago. Fish are doing awesome. I've now had 2 tries getting a yellow tang (before the ban) and a kole tang, both died in QT. :( I really want a voracious herbivore. sub<$100.

Probably going to be adding an urchin and a filter cup/floss this weekend. Been working on my water mix station which I'll post some picks of this weekend.

Everything is holding steady. nitrates seem high at 30 which is probably why I'm dealing with GHA.

My water change game is doing well. Though I'm hoping to run lines from the mix station to the tank for AWC and ATO. My wife does not like the bucket sitting next to the tank and there's no room under the stand.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back