The A360X Refugium

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Kessil is excited to announce the A360X Refugium, the X-Series successor to the groundbreaking H380 Grow Light!

a1.jpg

Designed for the harsh sump environment, the A360X Refugium is robust and water-resistant with an innovative heat management system that ensures LED longevity. In addition to the classic Kessil vegetation spectrums (Blue, Bloom, Grow, Red), the A360X Refugium features green and daylight color channels. Daylight mode is ideal for sump cleaning and photography, while the Green spectrum, accessible through the WiFi Dongle, allows users to monitor plants under light that will not disrupt growth cycles. For more information visit our website!

Units are shipping now, and will soon be available for purchase at online retailers and Kessil dealers everywhere. :cool:

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, the A360X is currently not supported by Spectral Controller X but will be in future updates.

Crabs McJones

Mayor of Reef2Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Oh man I'd love to have this, but my H380 has been so good to me I dont know if I could part with it.

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Oh man I'd love to have this, but my H380 has been so good to me I dont know if I could part with it.
Well....you could always upgrade. Sell first, then divert sale proceeds to a nice bottle of wine. Er, no. Let me redact that statement. Sell first,t hen divert sale proceeds to a date night. Hmm...let me try again although date night would probably be fun. Sell first, then divert sale proceeds to new said Kessil light that was shared with us today :)

@Kessil Looks like a really nice device. I like my 360x's - nice form factor. Quick question does this model have anything else inside say in way of electronic coatings to protect it better? If so, do you think you will retro that to the standard X model?

I only ask because A I believe that refugium lighting is somewhat closer than traditional lights and/or other equipment harsher than over the tank. B the 360x's are still somewhat low to the waterline with many of us using 8" has the marker above water.

Just wondering. However, great looking product. Wish you success with it.

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Well....you could always upgrade. Sell first, then divert sale proceeds to a nice bottle of wine. Er, no. Let me redact that statement. Sell first,t hen divert sale proceeds to a date night. Hmm...let me try again although date night would probably be fun. Sell first, then divert sale proceeds to new said Kessil light that was shared with us today :)

@Kessil Looks like a really nice device. I like my 360x's - nice form factor. Quick question does this model have anything else inside say in way of electronic coatings to protect it better? If so, do you think you will retro that to the standard X model?

I only ask because A I believe that refugium lighting is somewhat closer than traditional lights and/or other equipment harsher than over the tank. B the 360x's are still somewhat low to the waterline with many of us using 8" has the marker above water.

Just wondering. However, great looking product. Wish you success with it.
All of our A360X's have the conformal coating on the PCB board that increases their resistance to water and humidity. I have personally gotten them soaked due to a spray bar mishap- I let them dry out for a day and they still work perfectly :D

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
How do you mount this under the stand?
You can attach an A-Series gooseneck on the rim of your sump or you can hang the A360X with the hanging ring below your stand if you like a sleeker look.

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Nice! Is there a H160x in the works? I need to downsize my H380. But I guess if you can control the intensity, then the 160 isn't necessary?
I really wish you had a trade in program.
You can dim down to 0.1% if you did want to turn it down but you probably won't want to go that low. I can't disclose any information on future lights, unfortunately. :confused:

Since we are just a manufacturer and don't sell directly to the end-user a trade-in program would be difficult for us. If this were to ever happen it would be at a LFS level.

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Its the H380.. but better ;)
So this "A360X Refugium" has the same housing as the A360x, a bit over 4.3"?

(Asking because someone has already asked me to make them a light shade for it, lol!)

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
So this "A360X Refugium" has the same housing as the A360x, a bit over 4.3"?

(Asking because someone has already asked me to make them a light shade for it, lol!)
Yes exact same body as the A360X's just a different Dense Matix Array. Keep in mind that it does come with a Narrow Reflector as well.

Is your current reef tank the BEST reef aquarium you've ever had?

• Yes

Votes: 292 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 21.0%
  • It's a tie

Votes: 15 3.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 20 4.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors