The Best 5 words to hear

58e970b2-3f88-4897-87ba-5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a similar moment yesterday. Showed my spouse my submission for the photo of the month contest and what I was up against.
Then she said “We need some prettier coral.”
Hopefully she likes the ones I chose...if not I will have to go back to the LFS and get some more.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a similar moment yesterday. Showed my spouse my submission for the photo of the month contest and what I was up against.
Then she said “We need some prettier coral.”
Hopefully she likes the ones I chose...if not I will have to go back to the LFS and get some more.
Either that or find a more receptive spouse? lol

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I have to figure which tank to get.
I have been doing some research. Just don’t know who to order one from CD,Planet Aquarium, Glass cages etc
I want to do a 72x30x24h. External over flow.
Any suggestions
+1 for Planet Aquarium. I've had one of their 96" Crystaline Premium Reefs for a year and love it. Quality blows away my Red Sea 750XXL. Tideline sump and overflow are great. Also, highly recommend the PVC bottom.

DSC02881.jpg

Last edited:

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Honey it is too small"
It must be opposite day if these are the 5 best words you heard. :0)

If you can go with 96 x 48 x 27 then you're golden! I say that only 5% joking. That is pretty much my ideal spec. I will say that having 36" front to back is very nice so I'd definitely recommend that for sure. 72 x 36 x H will be something you like for a long time.

Bnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be opposite day if these are the 5 best words you heard. :0)

If you can go with 96 x 48 x 27 then you're golden! I say that only 5% joking. That is pretty much my ideal spec. I will say that having 36" front to back is very nice so I'd definitely recommend that for sure. 72 x 36 x H will be something you like for a long time.
She was looking at my main display tank. Lol

reefin_with_the_fam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I get up this morning , shower and get dressed. I go out to the living room. My wife is staring in our RSR170. I ask is anything wrong . She looks at me and says
“We need a Bigger tank”
Hahaha I had the same thing happen. We have a 150 and my wife is super attached to our baby Naso, and she knows eventually if we don’t upgrade we’d have to get rid of her. So she looks at me and tells me we need to get a bigger tank, and this time a nice looking one. She wants a 300 planet now. I have married the dream

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back