The best fish food I ever had was..

SaltDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hell R2R
I’ve been needing some help recently as starting up a tank with dry rock and picking a fish that likes to graze I’ve come across a very interesting twist in the road.
I’ve been looking for days of what I could use to keep this fish healthy and active and most importantly to fatten up and be happy. (She) I should say is doing just fine picking at some dried algae sheets but I didn’t think that’s what she truly wants. She wants to graze and feel as natural as she can swimming around eating. The best I’m doing now is placing a piece of the sheets in small places around my rocks, hoping to somewhat mimic her natural grazing. But. This is where I run to halt. She’s eating but I want her to be so excited every time I put some food in there that she’s almost biting at the bit to get it.
In your opinions where and what have you found that truly keeps your fish happy and healthy and something they all go crazy for?
I cuddling brand. I was looking at AlgaeBarn for their clean sea lettuce and was hoping somewhat would be more insightful to this

Thanks reefers

hijinks7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish food I make myself plus a sheet of nori per day.

My fish go crazy when the food hits the water. I do like rods food when I'm in a pinch but it doesn't have that fish smell as when I make it myself. I hate eating seafood and while making it, I almost throw up a few times but $20 of food I make lasts my 120g tank almost 3 months.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fish?

A varied diet is best. You can get fresh seafood at the grocery store.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the store i go at that moment have used different frozen foods. San Fransisco, omega one, hikari, LRS, and Piscine energetics, fish seem to like them all. I buy 3 different ones at a time, and rotate each day which one i feed. Day 7 is frozen diced mussels and squid.

Dry foods NLS and Omega One are the only ones i use.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back