The best solution to deal with or get rid of pyramid snails?

taylorg009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I'm still a bit new to the hobby and things have been going pretty well so far. I bought a toadstool coral today I placed it in some substrate near my live rock came to notice at night it had some companions at its steam after some research it looks like pyramid snails. there are too many attached to the coral and I'm fearing it might be too late for it. But judging as the number of them in the take is uncertain what would be the best course of action in mitigating them? I know that 6 line wrasses eat them but can be hit or miss also read that yellow coris wrasse are said to be better but again hit or miss?

Thanks in Advance for the help.
signal-2021-12-11-033805_001.jpeg

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused. Are those alive? Are they glued into the base of the toadstool? Just empty shells? Did they come with the toadstool like that, or did you already have cerith snails in your tank?

OP
OP
taylorg009

taylorg009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused. Are those alive? Are they glued into the base of the toadstool? Just empty shells? Did they come with the toadstool like that, or did you already have cerith snails in your tank
Yup they are definitely alive I pulled them off the coral and they retracted into their shells.

I'm suspecting that they were inside the live rock and I had no idea about them. The only snails that I've purchased are 4 trochus snails and 2 nassarius snails.

But definitely possible they came on the toadstool and I didn't notice them.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back