The Black pearl/ Reef Savvy 240

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $54 for 1/8 lb and a keeper
Ouch @locito277 u see that almost ur prices. i must be in the luckiest man in the world when it comes to black worms.

Next time you go to order hit me up cause for that price I could overnight a pound and a half and still make a ten dollar profit. Not that I would charge you more then it cost me but just so u know.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing local for me so I had to go online and I figured with overnight shipping and the keeper that the price might not be too bad. I had no idea what anyone else was paying. I thought everyone was buying from California Blackworms

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing local for me so I had to go online and I figured with overnight shipping and the keeper that the price might not be too bad. I had no idea what anyone else was paying. I thought everyone was buying from California Blackworms
Learning experience no biggie u also got a keeper whatever that is. So that's good. Yea I get a pound for 16 dollars

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

moved a couple of tangs of holding tank to acclimation boxes in display tank, yesterday moved a Fowleri, had him in the box for about 5-6 hours and released about two hours before lights out had no issues. I will probably leave these two for a day or so they seem to be attracting more attention from the other tangs

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso and Chevron Tang in acclimation box for
two days, my established blonde Naso would charge the Naso tangs box frequently on the first day, second day it tapered off. Only the purple tang paid any attention to the Chevron both released about two hours before lights out. My foxface decided to protest the release of the Naso by giving chase, occasionally he will chase the blonde Naso. The chasing didn't last long, the little Naso is too fast I guess for now all is good everyone getting along reasonably

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9992.JPG IMG_9968.JPG IMG_9962.JPG IMG_9988.JPG IMG_9980.JPG IMG_9966.JPG IMG_9983.JPG

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL , no I marked them, been having trouble remembering the names and where in the tank I put them ,thought this might help a bit
List
Odd Ball Milli
Upscale Microclades
Pearly Cadaver
Sky Doppel
Shades of Fall
June Ruby
The Durbin
Highlighter
Blue Matrix
Really I need more rock surface to mount all my frags

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an iPhone and I take a picture of the tank and go to markup and right what I have
IMG_0511_sRGB.JPG

If u look closely enough I have about half of the corals u got from Adam and all are growing and happy so I think urs will as well.

How's the fish enjoying the black worms??

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see what I believe is a tyree sunset monti in there where do u have it located?

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black worm s were great, been trying to talk a few LFS into carrying them, no luck, really wish I had someplace to get them locally, my fish loved them I will probably order so more because I have three P. Tuka I am trying to fatten up before putting them in the display tank. Labeling the coral in markup is a great idea wish I had stared that, as for the twenty or so coral already on the rocks I can probably name 5-6. I have a BC Dream sequence Milli that I thought I had lost, just found it recently because it has just started to color up.. LOL I see you have 2 PC rainbows also, I have mine in different levels to see if they color up the same

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black worm s were great, been trying to talk a few LFS into carrying them, no luck, really wish I had someplace to get them locally, my fish loved them I will probably order so more because I have three P. Tuka I am trying to fatten up before putting them in the display tank. Labeling the coral in markup is a great idea wish I had stared that, as for the twenty or so coral already on the rocks I can probably name 5-6. I have a BC Dream sequence Milli that I thought I had lost, just found it recently because it has just started to color up.. LOL I see you have 2 PC rainbows also, I have mine in different levels to see if they color up the same
Yea I have two one from Adam and one from Tim. Aka aquavista I'm glad I got two as they both are growing diffent the colors are more red on tims the one on the left while Adams is more green but Adams is more reD at the base where it is encrusting.

Funny story I think one of my fish knocked if one of the branches off of Adams so I have that even lower in the tank getting about 100 par and that has since turned more of a red hue. Actually thinking about it that wasn't funny at all.

Adams big pc rainbow is getting blasted with flow while the other two are getting flow but def not as much.

U may be wondering how I know what my par is well since I'm an ADHD OCD person I also did it with my par
FullSizeRender.jpg

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So cool, Wish I knew the Par in my tank. the local reef club has a par meter I think, I just haven't gotten around to inquiring about it yet

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your pearly cadaver is at about 200 par and its doing well? and upscales is at 230? If they are this great news for me, because I wanted some SPS that I can mount close to the bottom of my tank

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • None.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back