the "brown acro" grow out experiment

Discussion in 'Boom Corals' started by BoomCorals, Aug 10, 2017.

1. tigerhawk

tigerhawk Active Member

I won't miss out the next time.

BoomCorals likes this.

2. BoomCorals

BoomCorals www.boomcorals.com R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Toys For Kids Sponsor

Just a quick update to answer a few questions that have been asked.

If I have coral die while in QT before shipping, I'll have to obviously cancel and refund those coral on orders. This will be random. So let's say you ordered 8 colonies and I have to cancel 1, I'd refund you for the cancelled one but still ship out the other 7. I only sold 63 of the 67 that I had so hopefully this won't happen, but hey maricultured brownies can be temperamental so I just want to let everyone know.

Second I'll be contacting everyone later this week to arrange shipping schedule. This doesn't require a signature, but ideally you'd be able to get the coral asap after delivery (or can hold for pickup at a fedex location). I shipped a box of SPS to arizona this week where it was 110 degrees, and with the cool pack the coral all survived and looked great. I use high quality boxes, even for brownies! But if you don't want to risk and want me to wait on weather that is totally ok too. I'd rather you are comfortable receiving the order.

BWilliby and RUNVS like this.
  3. kennedpa

kennedpa Well-Known Member

What a disappointment....

So much for getting some brownies ... going to stay out of this sale option for good now.

4. BoomCorals

BoomCorals www.boomcorals.com R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Toys For Kids Sponsor

Sorry? I don't have unlimited stock... :/

5. RUNVS

RUNVS Active Member

Maybe we just need participation ribbons so everyone feels like a winner.........;)

Aero175 likes this.
  6. KJoFan

KJoFan Well-Known Member Partner Member 2018

I do believe he said Tuesday would be the day to order, so a heads up was given...

BoomCorals, ithk21620 and RUNVS like this.
  7. vanpire

vanpire Active Member

I am just as disappointed as the next guy, but he was fair and upfront.

This isn't so different than the "live sales" that seem to happen every week-end, and the first ones to buy gets the corals. And it is just corals, not life and death. There will be others. You win some you lose some.

DeepBrew, BoomCorals, Mallard and 2 others like this.
  8. kennedpa

kennedpa Well-Known Member

You both have PMs.

9. Reefguy420

Reefguy420 Member

Nope, taking orders starting tomorrow. Keep an eye on this thread! I got 70 colonies as that's all they had. Don't PM me yet on orders. I'm going to be posting them on my WEBSITE for you to order and then I'll bill you for the shipping. It will all be explained soon![/QUOTE]

10. Reefguy420

Reefguy420 Member

He was quite upfront about how it was going down I had to watch all day secretly at work just so I could get some. At checkout It felt like I had won an eBay auction pretty darn sweet lol. I think it made it that much more fun.

kdino, BoomCorals and vanpire like this.
  11. vanpire

vanpire Active Member

Even though I got squat, it was still fun for me.

BoomCorals and Reefguy420 like this.
  12. dodgerblew

dodgerblew Valuable Member SCMAS Member

I wrote this yesterday when there was only three corals left and I took them out of my cart for my own reasons. Look it, lots of people missed out. He took on an "experiment" to benefit us and hopefully bring exposure to his business. He had no ideas how it would go, he was flying by the seat of his pants. He made mistakes, yes he did. He also acknowledged them and said he's learned from them and it would be a smoother experience next time. So, let's cut him a little slack. To much grief over some mini colonies of brown turds that might or might not survive or color up. There'll be more. The wholesaler is probably ecstatic over somebody willing to take these off his hands and free up his runway space.

13. RUNVS

RUNVS Active Member

Very well said and couldn't agree more, reefing is hard enough as it is no reason to squabble over the little things!

Mallard likes this.
  14. KJoFan

KJoFan Well-Known Member Partner Member 2018

Just wait until everyone posts pics of their RTN'd, plain, and/or brown turds down the road and sigh with relief you didn't waste your time and money. :)

Because realistically, of the 63 or so he said he sold, I wonder how many will actually survive/turn into something great. Which is not a reflection on BoomCorals but simply reality. It's a gamble for anyone that took part.

dodgerblew likes this.
  15. BoomCorals

Yea it's absolutely a gamble. It's like coral roulette, which is why I tried to keep the price cheap so the risk is low. If you paid $150 shipped for a handful of colonies and 2 or 3 of them turn into something pretty, I think that's worth it. But make no mistake, there will be some that either STN or just turn nothing but green.

16. tcarter1936

tcarter1936 Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Well I spent a hundred sixty bucks including shipping and knew exactly what I was getting into I don't feel duped or other wise tricked, I feel the risk was laid out very upfront and I'm happy to take on the challenge I just wish there was not so much negativity and emotion wrapped up in this. Lighten up people.
    Thanks again for the opportunity

BoomCorals, Mallard and RUNVS like this.
  17. Mrx7899

Mrx7899 Well-Known Member

I missed out on this one but I m down for the next one it's definitely a risk but the reward is worth it if you get one to color up nicely

BoomCorals likes this.
  18. tigerhawk

tigerhawk Active Member

Life's like a box of choclates, you never know what you are going to get. I'm willing to take a chance if he does a similar deal in the future. You can't win if you don't take risk.

BoomCorals likes this.
  19. BoomCorals

Love me some Forrest Gump!

20. ReeferMaddness843

ReeferMaddness843 Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Keep the positive vibes rolling! I'm in on the next one for sure. The risk is what makes it worth it in my eyes. To bring something from a potentially brown and unappealing state to a possible gem is such a good feeling. And hey, even if it goes nothing but green, I bet a fellow reefer would love to have the opportunity to trade or purchase from you. My favorite acro I have is green. I was gifted it as a literal brown booger and have brought life to it. Happy reefing and looking forward to the next opportunity to jump on board!

Mrx7899 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted