The "brownies" thread of progression, the happy times, the sad times

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had pretty good success using a bit of superglue over any spot that shows stn/rtn A few of mine showed a small amount of RTN and I used superglue over the spots and it has stopped for the past 4 days now. I have done this in the past with more success than not just an idea.
I better get home and dunk them in a big vat of superglue! :D

In all seriousness, I too have heard of this being a successful method for some STN issues. I do wonder why this works successfully though and haven't necessarily tried it myself.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the superglue trick on a couple of the brownies. One had some recession on the base so it was fairly easy to glue that one up, the other...eh we'll see. I'm not expecting miracles.

Also me having a rough time should read as: I'm a dummy.

But, hey, live and learn!

RUNVS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the superglue trick on a couple of the brownies. One had some recession on the base so it was fairly easy to glue that one up, the other...eh we'll see. I'm not expecting miracles.

Also me having a rough time should read as: I'm a dummy.

But, hey, live and learn!
I am not quite sure why it works either but hey if it works right ;) I should clarify the superglue trick has only worked for me if you catch the STN early enough a little on the base or tip has started STN if most of the colony is already gone you are better off snipping what still alive and gluing that to a plug or something. I hope it works out for you!

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not quite sure why it works either but hey if it works right ;) I should clarify the superglue trick has only worked for me if you catch the STN early enough a little on the base or tip has started STN if most of the colony is already gone you are better off snipping what still alive and gluing that to a plug or something. I hope it works out for you!
That's why I wanted to try it on the one, that only had some recession on the base, we'll see what happens. The others...probably too far gone to do any good.

I don't generally have much luck even clipping and re-gluing but might have to try it with one of them, nothing to lose really.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hacked some more on the receding brownies and mounted a few little frags off them, and slathered super glue on some of the other parts because...why not? They'll likely die anyway so nothing to lose.

Left a couple in the tank that probably will need to go as I couldn't tell 100% if ALL flesh was gone or not. I'll re-inspect tomorrow.

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are one week progression pics. I don't think either of these will ever be anything special but they were brown so I'll keep documenting until I find more brownies. I did move them up so different orientation this time but from here forward I'll try to get the same angle every time.
From 8/28
IMG_0143.JPG

And from today
IMG_1885.JPG

From 8/28
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

And from today
IMG_1884.JPG

I also left some other elements in there so you could tell that these are not PS'd up.
That bleached looking acro in the background IS going to be special, maybe I'll post pics of it somewhere else sometime.
PS, Check out the PE on that purple stylo!

Looking forward to everyone's progression pics!

Last edited:

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, here are 3 new victims I received this morning from @BoomCorals :

97de9e215bcbda745f0bda2b20d9b969.jpg

And some of the originals from last week as of today:
6c78d31659f6d8f0ca5f9257821d5d2c.jpg
b616e2d9c90675b9e572c86567f3ce8f.jpg
eaeaa42cfcfad1553095b2448134f003.jpg

Everyone together with the graveyard in the back:
44e8e25bb507585f5b65b104292bfdb3.jpg

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and.... @BoomCorals should have room for more brownies soon between the ones he's sent me to take another crack at, as well as attending a frag swap this weekend. ;)

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed. And, I'm also selling off my personal 180g tank so I can install 2 new frag tanks as well. (one will be an additional QT tank).

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, last week after the brownies arrived, within two hours all hell was breaking loose. So...here's the new guys about 7 hours after getting in the tank:

And can't forget the troopers:
https://flic.kr/p/YvKQCi

I'm pretty much no good at knowing what has potential and what doesn't but...they're alive so...yay!

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good KJoFan! Weekly updates are expected from here on out! I think you have some potential winners.
BoomCorals did you right!

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad it's working out. I think we nailed down the right changes to make this time!

So, last week after the brownies arrived, within two hours all hell was breaking loose. So...here's the new guys about 7 hours after getting in the tank:

And can't forget the troopers:

I'm pretty much no good at knowing what has potential and what doesn't but...they're alive so...yay!

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad it's working out. I think we nailed down the right changes to make this time!
I agree. However, I still feel the need to redeem myself from last week's blunder so I'm going to have to try this again just for my own peace of mind. :)

RUNVS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@happyhourhero your stuff is always great, and your colors are super! I'm not surprised to see something like this from you:).

Let's see some more transformations!
Oh... and keep the weekly updates coming.
Weekly updates... I was going to do monthly but I can snag a few pics tonight to update tomorrow.

RUNVS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RUNVS, you might be right, weekly could be too much:(. Monthly would be good too.
Sometimes I get a little over excited:D!

I'm with TMB...please keep them coming! We need our Brownie Bites to keep us satisfied!
Hahaha I understand I am in the same boat- I dont think mine have changed much since I have had them but Ill post before and after to see I think I have had them about 2 weeks now.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back