The BRS 160: 10 Weeks of the Triton Method | BRStv Investigates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jack22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Eshopps adv-300 sump. The fuge chamber is pretty worthless on it. I’m considering enlarging the Refugium chamber in my sump and removing one of the two filter socks similar to what Ryan did when he switched the BRS 160 over to Triton. Also trying to increase the flow through the fuge.

Is there any advice or anything I should be aware of to avoid disaster? I don’t have a hand held router tool like Ryan used, but do have an oscillating saw. What kind of blade do I use?

Whiskeyboy84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jack22 I have a custom sump on my 250G DT that has a large 40G Refugium chamber first I designed it around the triton method but now that I have a stocked tank I wish I would have included filter socks! I have seen great results with Cheato reactors if you are space limited also! I guess what I am saying is there are tons of ways to run Triton if that is what you are trying to do you don’t necessarily need the 20% DT volume fuge it can be accomplished with a scrubber or reactor just ends up being a little more maintenance. I wish I would have done the filter socks for particulate filtration don’t get me wrong the Cheato once mature does an ok job but you still have detritus that settles out in the sump and rots unless you get in there and vacuum it out regularly. Which is kind of a Pain in the butt atleast on my tank!

Jack22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Whiskeyboy84 I totally agree. I’m not actually trying to run triton, my problem is it is a horrible sump design. The flow through the fuge is very slow. After watching the video on the BRS 160 I thought maybe I could modify it to get better Flow through the fuge. I’m just worried about trying to make it better and ending up making it worse. Just don’t have money for a new sump.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was there a follow-up BRStv episode about how it's doing on the Triton method?

Here are the two consecutive follow-ups for the BRS160 since this episode came out. :) Ryan also has been mentioning in the new BRS/WWC System series that we plan to transition away from Triton to follow the BRS/WWC Hybrid System on an already established tank (BRS160).

Ezduzt_nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the two consecutive follow-ups for the BRS160 since this episode came out. :) Ryan also has been mentioning in the new BRS/WWC System series that we plan to transition away from Triton to follow the BRS/WWC Hybrid System on an already established tank (BRS160).

Thanks!

Back