The BRS 160: 10 Weeks of the Triton Method | BRStv Investigates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to thank you guys at brs for all your vidios. I call my reef my sobriety hobby, so it means a lot to me. When I started out a couple year ago I ran into nothing but conflicting advice and information, your vidios helped sort that all out, thanx.
I just purchased a trigger triton 44 from you and now it's time to make a decision on fuge light. From what I've read in this thread I don't think I can get a h380 high enough from the top of the fuge to not burn my Cheto. Do you think the zetlight e200 will produce the same par as the kessil if it was mounted closer?
I'm not sure how much room you have, but I measured 7 3/4" from light to water surface on mine.

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a little snug but but I think it'll work, thanx guys. Plus after the swap I'll sell my current sump and skimmer. Should all but pay for the no risk light.

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think it would be good to put a surpent star and a couple of peppermint shrimp in the fuge?

RussC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As always, my Sunday morning just wouldn't be complete without an update video from BRS and a cup of coffee. I look forward to following these results.

emvanburen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My co2 just went empty while away so I️ had to up my core7 dosing to maintain my all level (I️ run a hybrid method). So, just for reference I️ upped to 60ml from 39ml per day and it is maintaining my alk (based on my trident prototype). I️ have a pretty heavily stocked SPS and LPS 425g tank (600g System).

So cool to do this emergency adjustment from halfway around the world.

So cool to have a trident prototype...

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3c1b25b40b74b8a64c26e098fbef6380.jpg

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another Great Vid from @Bulk Reef Supply but i think I will stay with the old school style sump, Skimmer, Refuge Incl Miracle Mud and Cheato. I have been running this set up for over 15 years!
You know what they say, if it's not broke don't fix it. My parameters are stable as can be!

TANK INFO: Rimless 150 Mixed Reef w/ 20'' Synergy External Overflow box

Spotted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question on lighting the macro. Should it only be lit from the top? You said that there should be some die off, I assume that's from the unlit part underneath. I have a set of Santa Monica filtration's gem 5 lights and I'm currently lighting from 2 sides and top and bottom tup bold up my macro. Should I only concentrate on top lighting?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question on lighting the macro. Should it only be lit from the top? You said that there should be some die off, I assume that's from the unlit part underneath. I have a set of Santa Monica filtration's gem 5 lights and I'm currently lighting from 2 sides and top and bottom tup bold up my macro. Should I only concentrate on top lighting?

I would imagine you could light multiple sides of the refugium without an issue. We haven't tried/tested it specifically here at BRS, but would be interesting to hear about your findings and experiences if you opted to light multiple sides! :)

-Randy

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you use the triton method with a CA reactor? if so what bottles would be needed

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you use the triton method with a CA reactor? if so what bottles would be needed
You can mix and match your method however you choose, however it wouldn't be the triton method. It would be your method supplemented with triton elements. You certainly could do it that way. The core bottles that you chose to use would be totally dependent on fuge size and the maturity of the tank more then anything. Not the CA reactor.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As @Scott.h mentions, I don't suppose you could consider it the Triton Method when adding other approaches to Alk/Ca supplementation. You could add a Ca reactor along with the major, minor and trace elements from the Triton bottles and it would probably save quite a bit on the total dosage.

Personally I would opt for one or the other, unless I had a very large system with a major demand for major elements where it may be more cost effective to use both. :) Or I would use their ICP/OES test along with minor elements along with a Ca reactor and a refugium!

Check out these two Triton videos that may help to clarify some differences between some of the options they offer. I think if you're set on a Ca Reactor, the first video should be right up your alley.

Triton Test/Elements
Triton w/ Other Nutrient Control methods

-Randy

Viner87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to the next tank update - when do you expect this to happen? I’m just about to start cycling a new tank and want to use Triton, but would like to see how you’re getting on first. Cheers Chris

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to the next tank update - when do you expect this to happen? I’m just about to start cycling a new tank and want to use Triton, but would like to see how you’re getting on first. Cheers Chris

I would expect that one is due later this month or early next month! ;)

-Randy

Erick Armanii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect that one is due later this month or early next month! ;)

-Randy
I’m hoping that when @randyBRS says we can expect an update later this month he means this Friday!! I cant take the suspense! I’m doing an entirely new tank build and just received the trigger systems triton 44 from Brs this past week. Cheers!

Whiskeyboy84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS, I just want to take the opportunity to thank you and the BRS Team for all your Tech Videos as a noob to this sport they have been extremely helpful. The BRS160 series has been my Aquarium Build Bible if you will and the starting point for much of my research. I am currently building a 200g setup that will be a mixed Reef, I am going to utilize the Triton Method from the start. I am also going to leverage the Technology available with an Apex controller and Kessil Lighting. I am having a custom sump built to maximize Fuge volume as well.
Keep up the great work and know you have made a customer for life with me.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back