Camaro Show Corals HIGH END SPS 550 Gallon system with Custom AGE 210g and large grow out system! (Picture Heavy)

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
SBB Rainbow Rare
36A2666B-AA9F-46BC-B1A6-398CB41656C4.jpeg

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will be at the LEAR Frag Swap in Strongsville, Ohio (Cleveland) tomorrow Saturday February 26th. Come check out all my eye candy available at my Camaro Show Coral Table. Tons of high end corals available especially high end acropora and zoas. Hope to see you at Ohio’s Largest Frag Swap!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As always LEAR was fun and got some new gems to grow out.
C32BFEBA-F9D3-4658-871F-4E112FB17C6A.jpeg
This does me no good, ITS a few states away, LOL!!!

You at least need to go to the Carolina Reef Experience to you are some what closer.

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice! besides my banana crunch and stargaze my SBB's have some coloring up to do
I really like the all SBB tenuis, just some are very finicky and normally change color since sbb has quite high nutrients and mine are very low. Really love the deep blue on this one!

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea the colors are incredibly impressive, saw Shane for the first time at RAP last year so can't wait to see the coral in person again in June. Really have the photoshop in real life look, super bright.

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea the colors are incredibly impressive, saw Shane for the first time at RAP last year so can't wait to see the coral in person again in June. Really have the photoshop in real life look, super bright.
Absolutely, amazing colors!

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I often get asked who I trust and prefer to source my high end corals from. I am very selective with who I buy from as I want to ensure the corals are clean and pest free as well as highest quality possible healthy and colorful. I buy and trade with a select group of elite and well known Hobbyists as well as a select group of vendors. With one of those select vendors being @TCK Corals, They had a great sale this past weekend, I picked up some sticks. Did anyone else grab anything?

Last edited:

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SBB Warhead
72ACE9BA-2FA5-4FBA-82F2-6B0DE5C959C3.jpeg
Not trying to poke the bear or anything but what’s your take on SBB’s stuff? Not much seems to be encrusted at sale. Also seeing a recent YouTube interview their “grow out” pieces seem to lack any grown out base or entrustment. Almost seem as if it’s a bunch of mariculture pieces clipped off the original plug and glued to frag tiles to color up. I may be wrong but that’s what I have noticed. I’m not saying he doesn’t have nice corals I just don’t think they are what they’re advertised as.

njreefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to poke the bear or anything but what’s your take on SBB’s stuff? Not much seems to be encrusted at sale. Also seeing a recent YouTube interview their “grow out” pieces seem to lack any grown out base or entrustment. Almost seem as if it’s a bunch of mariculture pieces clipped off the original plug and glued to frag tiles to color up. I may be wrong but that’s what I have noticed. I’m not saying he doesn’t have nice corals I just don’t think they are what they’re advertised as.
I guess time will tell. If they’re maricultured, very few will be able to grow them out and color them up as successfully. That’s usually a tell tale sign. Established Aquacultured pieces have very little variation from tank to tank, and top growers with good experience have little trouble pulling those colors.

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They can be really hit or miss for me Kevin. Most are super finicky and will change coloration, now I will say that’s probably in my conditions since I run a a heavy white schedule and have low nutrients compared to Sbb’s bluer schedule and high nutrients which we have learned tenuis prefer. The ones that do well do well for me and others dwindle off. I like watching the change with them though which is one of the joys of the hobby. With some of them I question how far aquacultured they are but keep in mind most are F1 so still harder to keep them say Walt Disney or cherry Bomb.

Back