Camaro Show Corals HIGH END SPS 550 Gallon system with Custom AGE 210g and large grow out system! (Picture Heavy)

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also going to show my coral purchases in this thread. Some recent purchases include
Tyree pink dragon tails
Mattv Peter pan
Tyree purple unknown
RR garden of Eden ( one of my favorites)
A Colorado sunburst from mythical corals
A mythical corals bounce electus mother with 5 baby’s. Left one is the one I bought.
Cb magnificent
RRC/TGC wonderland

F23CCEF0-DE09-4E95-B8CB-E065A7923885.jpeg

AF335FFA-3BB1-4C01-975C-3AD079CBACDC.jpeg
I was with Thinh and that electus and her babies in Houston last May. I bet 10 ppl asked about it every hour. He turned down every counter offer, obviously. Told me he really didn’t want to sell it. Makes curious what it took for him to turn loose of it. The owners Two Guy Corals offered $500 less than his asking price and he said no way.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was with Thinh and that electus and her babies in Houston last May. I bet 10 ppl asked about it every hour. He turned down every counter offer, obviously. Told me he really didn’t want to sell it. Makes curious what it took for him to turn loose of it. The owners Two Guy Corals offered $500 less than his asking price and he said no way.
You can’t out-haggle a Vietnamese, bro...

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well if you guys wanna know it took 2k he said he original wanted $2,500 but since I had already bought a pack he’d do it for 2k.

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well either way you got a good deal. He turned down way more than that last May
I spent a boatload of money with him but at the prices he gave me the stuff I couldn’t turn them down lol. Now I’m wondering what he wanted last May?

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What all have you bought from him??
I bought the gmks he posted
A Colorado sunburst
The bounce electus
I told him I needed the deal sweetened a little so he said how about a frag of tgc wonderland or cb magnificent and I said you got a deal if you throw them both in.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the gmks he posted
A Colorado sunburst
The bounce electus
I told him I needed the deal sweetened a little so he said how about a frag of tgc wonderland or cb magnificent and I said you got a deal if you throw them both in.
Nice. He’s taken a bunch of my money too

aap15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! I just picked up a DB 80g frag for my new setup. Curious what height your stands are? I'll be building my own as well but torn as to what height to go with. What a good height for viewing through the glass but top down as well. Thanks

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good! I just picked up a DB 80g frag for my new setup. Curious what height your stands are? I'll be building my own as well but torn as to what height to go with. What a good height for viewing through the glass but top down as well. Thanks
I went with 36 inches high with the 12 inch tanks so 4 feet high. Gives me a perfect top down view and ability to work in the tank, but I’m quite tall as well. Your 80s I believe are 18 high.

aap15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with 36 inches high with the 12 inch tanks so 4 feet high. Gives me a perfect top down view and ability to work in the tank, but I’m quite tall as well. Your 80s I believe are 18 high.

Thanks...yeah the 80 is 18" tall. So like you, I want something that easy to work in and have a good top down view but i'm 6' 3" and don't want to break my back too much bending down to look through the front glasses either haha

Fishbob50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chayse: we met at the Pittsburgh meeting. Nice setup you have planned.
FYI be aware of the humidity the system will produce. I have about 800 gallons in a 25 year-old house and had some issues that required special hvac and dehumidification.

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Chayse: we met at the Pittsburgh meeting. Nice setup you have planned.
FYI be aware of the humidity the system will produce. I have about 800 gallons in a 25 year-old house and had some issues that required special hvac and dehumidification.
Thank you! Yes that has be brought to my attention, I have been looking at dehumidifiers. If anyone has any suggestions id love to hear them. Looking for something that works well with low noise since this is in a finished room.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build is looking good, going to be a nice setup for sure. I too had a 3rd gen Chevy Camero with T tops that did not leak, powered by a fire breathing MPFI 2.8L V6. Not the nicest, fastest or best condition car I have owned for sure but I there was something cool about it. Wish I could find another clean one or an RS for as cheap as I bought that one and swap a 5.3L or 6.0L into it. Would make a fun, cheap, relieable toy.

Fishbob50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Yes that has be brought to my attention, I have been looking at dehumidifiers. If anyone has any suggestions id love to hear them. Looking for something that works well with low noise since this is in a finished room.
Depends on the estimated evaporation. My setup required a whole house Aprilaire. Others have used an air exchanger. Definitely requires some research.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • None.

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.8%
Back