OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the 3 gigantea stay together like the previous video?
They did for quite some time until i had to pull the blue one to treat it with Cipro.

I had the green one first which was doing amazing, it was looking super shaggy. I added the purple and blue months later near the same location and that is where they all stayed for weeks and looked pretty good. I believed i was in the clear for healthy gigs!

I added all the clowns and since then my gigs have not been in the best health. Started with the blue one doing a lot of deflate and inflate with a mouth that would not go tight. The purple one also seemed off but the mouth was staying tight. The green one lost its shagginess but the mouth is staying tight. I believe the blue one must have had a bacterial infection that made itself fully known after the addition of the clowns which in turn may have slightly infected the others.

I treated the blue one with Cipro and it bleached but seems to be okay now. Mouth is staying tight. Its back in the tank now. I put it in a slightly different location but seems to be slowly moving back to its original location which is super interesting haha Its new location wasn’t that close to its original location.

The purple and green are still in the same location but definitely look a bit off still like they are working through something. I’m reluctant to pull them and treat them unless i have to. Both of their mouths are staying tight but I believe they could be puffier. They almost seem a little pulled tight like they are irritated and are not sticky like they used to be.

Long answer to your simple question ;P

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s too bad, but glad you caught it in time for treatment. Keep an eye on the mag as well in case it starts to deflate too. I was wondering how they got enough light on the side of the column with the mag above it.

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I’ve been watching them like a hawk haha :) The green on gets full light. The blue got shaded a lil in its original spot and the purple gets shaded the most but that is where it crawled to and stayed. I originally had it in more light. It did come in slightly bleached so maybe it isn’t ready for all the light yet. It has regained its color though.

Nems are so weird sometimes :p

BeardedDragon21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always thought the spotcinctus is pretty unique. Can’t say I’ve seen them in others tanks.

Yeah, I’ve left some room :) I initially set up the shelving for the anticipation of at least one Mag nem. I know that’s the style they like to plant to and I didn’t know where it would end up. It seems to have settled where I’d hoped it would. It was in two other places before this spot, haha :)
Was the mag the first addition to the tank? How did you manage all the nems moving around?

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BeardedDragon21
Yes, most all the nems were added first and were in the tank for sometime before the clowns went in. I wasn’t worried about them moving, its the benefit of keeping mainly nems in a tank :) Also did a lot of research from experienced owners to get a good idea of were to place them to hopefully reduce movement but Nems are weird and still do what they want. Haha

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats man! That is a truly special tank. You are such a proud fish Daddy.... it warms my heart.

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought i would share some pics from today. I’m glad to report that all the clowns are well and are developing relationships.

the first two are my lightning maroons. They initially fought a lot with each other and i thought i would have to remove one. Then they just started to leave each other alone. They stayed on separate ends of the tank though. Recently i have witnessed the one in the anemone coming over to the other one. They dont fight but act friendly. Then the one that came over will return to its end of the tank. Maybe a love story in the making?!
F6B5C0C2-6F84-42C3-9A07-E2002D0A4A0F.jpeg

D01566F8-EC8C-4BE2-B488-1E6B159C9B7A.jpeg

These two are the keepers of the mag during the day but at night its shared with several others.

09C03850-5CC0-4435-8DA5-7EDB02EA9371.jpeg

AAD23978-1A89-49D9-B2CB-26303187441F.jpeg

These two are sticking together pretty much all the time.

BA7DDAD3-D6B1-4885-9B2F-037B11D884C3.jpeg

C00A7C73-4506-46FD-9EC5-F91009FCBEA3.jpeg

This little guy is one of the other two occelaris i have. They are both still pretty small compared to the rest and seem to try to fit in where they can get in. Single and ready to mingle?!

B5D89E57-209D-46CF-B122-6DD8A1C43C78.jpeg

Last are some shots of the spotcinctus. Three of them seem to group together often with the fourth kinda being out and about. There might be some relationships but it isn’t obvious. Dating still i think.

12471B62-B00B-45D1-858B-1DE89B08D3EB.jpeg

725B7060-BD1D-44EA-9186-824800A83EEF.jpeg

They are quite a joy!

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure why not…..it looks like it’s been almost 2yrs since I posted here, haha.

This is how the tank looks today, like actually, I just took this at the time of posting here.

I started with 12 clown fish. 6 ocellaris, 4 spotcinctus and 2 lightning maroons.

I only had to remove one ocellaris from this group because of aggressive behavior from the other occelaris. That happened after the 1yr mark. I rehomed him and he is doing well.

The three species have been living in harmony as they have worked out their own hierarchy system between the species and among the species. It has been very interesting indeed to watch. As you can see in the video one was out of his area and was quickly shooed away.

They have 2 other tank mates, a yellow tang and mystery wrasse.

About a month ago I had my first pair bond and lay eggs. It was 1 black occelaris and 1 orange occelaris.

Then just last night I woke up to my second pair to bond and lay eggs. It was a different species, the spotcinctus.

28BB5AA4-798B-4FB2-AF00-09028225F8EA.jpeg

7E869E4B-95F2-43AC-B1F2-B48878C9F3CC.jpeg

Two species have now spawned In this system. Super cool!

dricc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sure why not…..it looks like it’s been almost 2yrs since I posted here, haha.

This is how the tank looks today, like actually, I just took this at the time of posting here.

I started with 12 clown fish. 6 ocellaris, 4 spotcinctus and 2 lightning maroons.

I only had to remove one ocellaris from this group because of aggressive behavior from the other occelaris. That happened after the 1yr mark. I rehomed him and he is doing well.

The three species have been living in harmony as they have worked out their own hierarchy system between the species and among the species. It has been very interesting indeed to watch. As you can see in the video one was out of his area and was quickly shooed away.

They have 2 other tank mates, a yellow tang and mystery wrasse.

About a month ago I had my first pair bond and lay eggs. It was 1 black occelaris and 1 orange occelaris.

Then just last night I woke up to my second pair to bond and lay eggs. It was a different species, the spotcinctus.

28BB5AA4-798B-4FB2-AF00-09028225F8EA.jpeg

7E869E4B-95F2-43AC-B1F2-B48878C9F3CC.jpeg

Two species have now spawned In this system. Super cool!

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • None.

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.4%
Back