The coolest anemones on the market! What are they?

Would you love to have a super cool anemone? (these are the best)

• YES

Votes: 412 82.7%
  • NO

Votes: 78 15.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 1.6%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today's QOTD is going to be very technical so hang with me on this one and I hope you understand the question. Here it goes!

What are the most awesome anemones available in our hobby today?

PLEASE POST PHOTOS OF THE BEST ANEMONES!

image via @Zef004
576840ed.jpg

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been too afraid to add them, though they are beautiful. Seems too risky to add something to the tank that can both sting other coral, and move around on it's own. I do appreciate looking at them in other's tanks though :)
For some reason my black widows NEVER stung another coral in the tank even though they split a lot and some of them strayed from the group

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I knew they'd stay put I would like them a lot more! Gigantea are less likely to move but I love the Heteractis magnifica.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted "no" because I'm "Anemone'd Out" - I have 16 (maybe 17 can't tell they're grouped together) RBTAs and a carpet. I love nems just have an over-abundance of them.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, while I love BTAs, LTAs are the absolute best of them all. They don't split willy nilly, they get massive, and you can find some pretty freaking insanely colored ones (Yellow, green, zebra striped). They only downside is that they get very big and require a sandbed, but that second issue can be solved by just giving them a tall glass of sand to live in. They host clownfish seemingly more readily than BTAs and look far more like the natural host nems of many clown species.
I may be biased though, because in my whole 6 years of reefing I have never been able to keep a BTA alive lol So maybe that has something to do with it?

Last edited:

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Joshua Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to keep nems but got tired of them taking walks around the tank for no reason and touching my corals. Personally, I have always been fascinated by Cold Water Aquariums. The cold water varieties of anemones are beautiful, in my opinion; especially the Giant Green Anemones. Are there are users on here that have any Cold Water Tanks?
nem1.jpg
nem2.JPG

Gravity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the look of the Black Widow and Sunburst (Chicago / Colorado) bubble tip anemones. Haven’t kept any myself but they are on the wishlist for a clownfish and nem only tank.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back