• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Coral Dudes- Fail

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good point. I went back and re-read that thread. I accept my fault to jumping the gun- I was pretty upset with TCD that those words stuck out at me. I'll retract my statement from earlier. Many apologies
All good! I can 100% understand that, just know that here at R2R our priority has and always will be our members.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good point. I went back and re-read that thread. I accept my fault to jumping the gun- I was pretty upset with TCD that those words stuck out at me. I'll retract my statement from earlier. Many apologies

Thank you.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Our member and vendor relationships are taken very seriously. I wish The Coral Dudes the very best but as of now you will need to reach out to them via email, facebook or other ways other than R2R since they are no longer sponsors of our forum.

tristanfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why you support your LFS and don’t order online :)

Dude, don’t be an alarmist. That’s a blanket statement that is not true at all. There’s amazing online shops around the country. If you need some recommendations, hit me up. But no need to make such statements like that. The world does not run perfect anywhere. As for this hobby, this is why there’s groups of hobbyist and forums such as this to support it and make sure there’s a check and balance. That’s how the world works.

This situation, as unfortunate it is for everyone involved is isolated.

Capiche?

Here’s a starting list of great vendors out there that I’ve personally dealt with. And if you have issues. I’ll help.

Wwc
ASD
Cherry coral
Battle coral
UC
Vivid
In living reef
Jason Fox

Need more? I got you

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, don’t be an alarmist. That’s a blanket statement that is not true at all. There’s amazing online shops around the country. If you need some recommendations, hit me up. But no need to make such statements like that. The world does not run perfect anywhere. As for this hobby, this is why there’s groups of hobbyist and forums such as this to support it and make sure there’s a check and balance. That’s how the world works.

This situation, as unfortunate it is for everyone involved is isolated.

Capiche?

Here’s a starting list of great vendors out there that I’ve personally dealt with. And if you have issues. I’ll help.

Wwc
ASD
Cherry coral
Battle coral
UC
Vivid
In living reef
Jason Fox

Need more? I got you

Never said that ANY online stores were bad or even that the one mentioned in the OP was bad. I was just inferring that this may not happen if you buy from an LFS.

Think you may be the alarmist in this situation.

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@DracoKat is not at fault because she got scammed. Any inference or implication that this is her fault because she didn't buy local is really unfair. If a majority of online livestock purchases resulted in customer dissatisfaction, nobody would order livestock online. The reason that online ordering is even a thing is because most people ARE able to get good service and quality livestock, sight-unseen. A "local-only" reefing approach also requires that you have a LFS nearby, and that they be well-stocked. The nearest LFS to me is about a four hour drive round-trip, their prices are pretty high and their selection is pretty lousy. Serious reefing is only possible for me because I can order online.

If you prefer buying from your LFS, that's great. It's great to support your local community and stores, and you should reef in the way that's most enjoyable for you. This hobby is not one-size-fits-all, however. Some people don't have a LFS, don't like their selection, prices or service, or just plain prefer to buy stuff online. That's totally okay too. Whether it's good or bad, online livestock purchases are here and they're a big part of this hobby. Nobody should expect to have a bad livestock ordering experience simply because they didn't buy local.

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DracoKat is not at fault because she got scammed. Any inference or implication that this is her fault because she didn't buy local is really unfair. If a majority of online livestock purchases resulted in customer dissatisfaction, nobody would order livestock online. The reason that online ordering is even a thing is because most people ARE able to get good service and quality livestock, sight-unseen. A "local-only" reefing approach also requires that you have a LFS nearby, and that they be well-stocked. The nearest LFS to me is about a four hour drive round-trip, their prices are pretty high and their selection is pretty lousy. Serious reefing is only possible for me because I can order online.

If you prefer buying from your LFS, that's great. It's great to support your local community and stores, and you should reef in the way that's most enjoyable for you. This hobby is not one-size-fits-all, however. Some people don't have a LFS, don't like their selection, prices or service, or just plain prefer to buy stuff online. That's totally okay too. Whether it's good or bad, online livestock purchases are here and they're a big part of this hobby. Nobody should expect to have a bad livestock ordering experience simply because they didn't buy local.

Who said she was at fault? Lol you guys took this a little far. My post wasn’t to dog online vendors or say don’t order online? Lol it was kind of a joke and it’s funny that everyone BUT @DracoKat took it personal

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who said she was at fault? Lol you guys took this a little far. My post wasn’t to dog online vendors or say don’t order online? Lol it was kind of a joke and it’s funny that everyone BUT @DracoKat took it personal

I don't feel offended and I certainly didn't take your post personally. Your original post literally advised people to not order saltwater aquarium livestock online:

Regardless of your meaning, it's right there: "don't order online." Any inferences made in my post were my own. If they were not accurate, then I apologize. However, whatever your meaning was originally, your literal advice is to not order livestock online, no implications or inference necessary. Beginner hobbyists may be reading these discussions. While ordering online has its caveats, it's still a perfectly acceptable way to purchase aquarium livestock. Even if what I inferred was not implied, I disagree with your blanket statement to not order livestock online.

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't feel offended and I certainly didn't take your post personally. Your original post literally advised people to not order saltwater aquarium livestock online:

Regardless of your meaning, it's right there: "don't order online." Any inferences made in my post were my own. If they were not accurate, then I apologize. However, whatever your meaning was originally, your literal advice is to not order livestock online, no implications or inference necessary. Beginner hobbyists may be reading these discussions. While ordering online has its caveats, it's still a perfectly acceptable way to purchase aquarium livestock. Even if what I inferred was not implied, I disagree with your blanket statement to not order livestock online.

Great I will agree to disagree

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Wwc
ASD
Cherry coral
Battle coral
UC
Vivid
In living reef
Jason Fox

Need more? I got you
That's a solid list for sure! There's lots of great vendors that sell online. I have a list of my own that I know go above and beyond on quality livestock, customer care, and reefing expertise. Many of them have already been named, but I'll add

Reef Pets
Reefers Direct
AcanLord
Fraghouse Corals

to the already great list of vendors provided above...and there are plenty of others that can be added to this list as well.

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people prefer to support their local LFS which is great, I totally accept that. Like someone else said, however, there's sometimes no LFS nearby or they don't have a decent selection (mine usually carries the same stuff over and over.. I never see anything new or exciting). Online is pretty much the only place to get the stuff you really want.

Moral of the story, do research. Read reviews on sites. See if the stock ordering is WYSIWYG.
Apparently I didn't research enough about TCD. They were pretty good over a year ago, but lately, nope.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back