The Crystal Reef Aquatics Stealth Series-Triton Reef Sump Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R ran the contest and I wasn't aware that you weren't contacted. I will be sure to address this with them for future giveaways.
Yes I was never sent a dm or email. Only my name tagged in a post. I found out I won by a member commenting on my wtb thread that I won. Unfortunately it was 20 hours to late.
I think this is one of if not the only contest I have been a part of on r2r. I’ve never been in a contest where they did not dm/email the winner and set a 48 hour limit to respond. Usually strict rules such as that are written in the original contest post. Guess that is the way contests work here.... I know now.
I actually run triton and have the exact same size sump now. It would have been soooo perfect.
A7C8D8B4-1386-4997-9732-E7D5513F6E8C.jpeg

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R ran the contest and I wasn't aware that you weren't contacted. I will be sure to address this with them for future giveaways.
But thank you for giving me a prize anyway. In no way did you have to do that and I am extremely grateful.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yes I was never sent a dm or email. Only my name tagged in a post. I found out I won by a member commenting on my wtb thread that I won. Unfortunately it was 20 hours to late.
I think this is one of if not the only contest I have been a part of on r2r. I’ve never been in a contest where they did not dm/email the winner and set a 48 hour limit to respond. Usually strict rules such as that are written in the original contest post. Guess that is the way contests work here..

That is the way the winners are notified. The winners are tagged by the mod who pulls the winner.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the way the winners are notified. The winners are tagged by the mod who pulls the winner.
Pay attention where? I never got a email notification that my name was tagged In the post. This rule was never written anywhere... Not sure why you are being so rude I am simply making suggestions to make things better for new members in the future.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Pay attention where? I never got a email notification that my name was tagged In the post. This rule was never written anywhere... Not sure why you are being so rude I am simply making suggestions to make things better for new members in the future.
I'm not trying to be rude. Just pointing out that you need to pay attention to these contests.
When I saw your name drawn, I looked at your profile and saw you were here online.
Then the next day you were online then too.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also 48 hours is an incredibly short amount of time to claim a prize. In another month when my work is busy I might not even be able to look at this site for 2 days. Seems there are lots of unwritten rules with contests on this site.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Do you have email notifications turned off?

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not trying to be rude. Just pointing out that you need to pay attention to these contests.
When I saw your name drawn, I looked at your profile and saw you were here online.
Then the next day you were online then too.
And you couldn’t be a nice human being and send me a message? I immediately messaged the new winner that he won so he wouldn’t suffer the same fate. Idk I was cool with losing last night when I thought the 48 hour thing was a rule. But then today I saw it is written no where.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I started getting notification once I commented on the thread last night. I have no clue why I did not receive email notifications before that

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
And you couldn’t be a nice human being and send me a message? I immediately messaged the new winner that he won so he wouldn’t suffer the same fate. Idk I was cool with losing last night when I thought the 48 hour thing was a rule. But then today I saw it is written no where.
I posted in the thread and congratulated you, and that had a additional tag that you should have gotten.
So in theory I did notify you.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted in the thread and congratulated you, and that had a additional tag that you should have gotten.
So in theory I did notify you.
You don’t need to apologize I’m sorry that was over line on my part. Not your responsibility to message me. Idk I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
It’s amazing that the @Crystal Reef Aquatics Is still giving me a prize. As I said before I was only giving suggestions for future contests to make them more easily understandable to a new person who may not know these unwritten rules of this forum.
Have a great weekend dude

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This is how we run all of our contests. The winner is “tagged” and they are alerted via the alert system and notified within the post that they have 48 hrs to claim. If they do not check in within 48hrs we redraw. This has no bearing on you. If someone wants to win a contest all they need to do is enter and then check back in when it’s time to draw. Sorry this happened.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You don’t need to apologize I’m sorry that was over line on my part. Not your responsibility to message me. Idk I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
It’s amazing that the @Crystal Reef Aquatics Is still giving me a prize. As I said before I was only giving suggestions for future contests to make them more easily understandable to a new person who may not know these unwritten rules of this forum.
Have a great weekend dude
I am truly disappointed for you. No apology is necessary.

Maybe that is why I responded as I did.

Crystal Reef Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how we run all of our contests. The winner is “tagged” and they are alerted via the alert system and notified within the post that they have 48 hrs to claim. If they do not check in within 48hrs we redraw. This has no bearing on you. If someone wants to win a contest all they need to do is enter and then check back in when it’s time to draw. Sorry this happened.
Thanks for the clarification!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also 48 hours is an incredibly short amount of time to claim a prize. In another month when my work is busy I might not even be able to look at this site for 2 days. Seems there are lots of unwritten rules with contests on this site.

The prizes are also a reward for activity within our community.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But where did the 48 hour limit come from? How would someone new know they had to respond with in 48 hours. I’ve never been in a contest where they did not message me that I won. I even responded before the new winner was chosen and was still told I was out of luck. Idk it’s just an extremely harsh way of doing contests for someone who may not know these unwritten rules. I’ve said what I gotta say and I’ll leave this alone now. Have a great weekend.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But where did the 48 hour limit come from? How would someone new know they had to respond with in 48 hours. I’ve never been in a contest where they did not message me that I won. I even responded before the new winner was chosen and was still told I was out of luck. Idk it’s just an extremely harsh way of doing contests for someone who may not know these unwritten rules. I’ve said what I gotta say and I’ll leave this alone now. Have a great weekend.

It was not noted in the original post but it is noted when we TAG you and you’re sent an alert prior to the 48hr time limit starting which I think is better than just a general description in the first post where people will forget.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thats am unfair thing to say. As @mfinn said I am on here every day.

I wasn’t saying you’re not active I was saying that as a reason to why we give 48hrs and not longer.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was not noted in the original post but it is noted when we TAG you and you’re sent an alert prior to the 48hr time limit starting which I think is better than just a general description in the first post where people will forget.
Have a great weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back