!!!THE FINAL GIMMIC! Come back and pay full price now, but not without redeeming YOUR FREE FRAG, SEE POST# 362!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I remember very well the day DC over on RC told me very politely and matter-of-factly, really sorry Adam, we'd love you to continue to be a member and supporter of our forum, but you are without question, what we consider to be a "Commercial Hobbyist" and we can no longer allow you to sell coral in the classifieds. I'm paraphrasing here of course but that was 10 years ago, early to mid-May. I tried to find the actual PMs, but they have cleared out long ago.

Anyway, I know most of you hardly read any of this crap anymore anyway, so I'm definitely not going to delve any deeper. But the truth is I had been mulling the idea of giving it a serious go long before that. And this eloquent bit of reprimand was exactly the motivation I needed to actually do it. And that same day, I had my first domain registered and the "journey" had officially begun...

Untitled design-2.png

So, to commemorate a decade's worth of "living the dream" we are going to celebrate all month, with some super random sales, deep discounts, maybe a game or two, and plenty of nostalgia! (more on that to come.) I hope some of you old-time BC'ers saved your boxes from way back when because if so, and you can prove it, you are getting hooked up! And, if you think you happen to have a copy of the original email I sent out to the roster I had of all my RC customers, announcing my new venture, it's time to start looking for it! Good things coming your way.

Anyway, to get things rolling I'd love to hear what was it about Battlecorals that made you decide to make your very first purchase? Whatever point in the time line that happened to be. And let's keep this thread up top for all to see. You know what you have to do to help us distill the fray.

So yeah, anyway........................................Free things.....................................prizes

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anyway, to get things rolling I'd love to hear what was it about Battlecorals that made you decide to make your very first purchase? Whatever point in the time line that happened to be. And let's keep this thread up top for all to see. You know what you have to do to help us distill the fray.
I had heard about you a while back and bookmarked your site. Then when I did a tank restart I decided to focus more on SPS and acros, so I started to check your store out in earnest. It was your reputation amongst the hobbyists (clean system, healthy frags, generous sizing) and the number of other vendors who carry your pieces that really got my attention. Then on the site itself, the enormous selection and multiple photos of majority of the colonies - that sealed the deal. I never bought a battlebox but your corals still represent half the SPS in my tank.

I think I just counted some 16 pieces?
owl think GIF

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Immense amount of recommendations from fellow hobbyists and the support provided post-purchase keeps me coming back. The sales on battle boxes that gently nudge you up to the next tier of battlebox don't hurt either

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyway, to get things rolling I'd love to hear what was it about Battlecorals that made you decide to make your very first purchase?
For me it was seeing the amazing reputation that BattleCorals has in the industry. Finding a vendor you can trust is important, and Adam, you've shown yourself to be trustworthy. You work to go beyond expectations and do everything to be the best you can both from a business perspective and with respect to being an expert at acro care in the hobby. Anytime I buy from a vendor, I do a lot of investigating reviews, and your customers' reviews speak to your excellence in this business!

That was honestly the first thing for me. The second thing was looking at your amazing collection of sticks and seeing the great photos (which by the way, are taken in ways that showcase the beauty so that the customer knows that what he sees is truly what he gets). The fact that you have these sticks in longterm aquaculture gave me the confidence that they've been made ready for aquarium life and would probably withstand the issues that my tanks might face even when I first bought from you as a newbie.

Goneaway562

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woohoo! Can't wait to see what's in store over the next month.

When I first got into SPS I always saw some of your pieces in local reefers tanks and got curious. Needless to say your site made my decision clear on who I'd order from going forward. The pictures are spot on to what you ship out and I have only gotten great pieces from you. I just counted over 26 different acropora from you and I know I'm not stopping yet! The battlebox is the greatest thing since being a kid on Christmas morning. Thanks for everything you have done over the past 10 years Adam and here's to another 10!

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations thats awesome!

I made my first purchase with you partly because of all the great feedback I had seen from others. That led me to your website and I was pleasantly surprised at what I would call realistic pictures (even if they may not do as well in my tank lol) and comparatively reasonable prices. Getting great communication and good sized (no nubs) healthy frags just confirmed it was a good idea.

Now I am just bummed I did not save any darn boxes lol. I always tell my wife that me being a pack rat will pay off someday... and now one of the few things I dont keep could have actually let me tell her "I told you so"!!! In any case I am really hoping to see some specials on a really large battlebox! Had to get out of the hobby for a couple years for personal reasons and sold almost all my coral. Gave all my BC stuff to a friend so I could get frags back when I was able to restart and his tank crash lost everything.

tuba_mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting seeing corals locally with a “BC” for their call letters and at the same time I saw you here on R2R. I had a look around your site and read about some things “I think, misc collectibles, battleboxes” and was impressed, I’m in the BC Bonfire grow out contest currently and aside from the health of the coral and the packaging, I think our brief correspondence about shipping and payment really showed me that not only do you care about the coral, but you take the time to write out a personal email as if I were an old friend. A true wordsmith.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered several battle boxes over the course of 3-4 years and I have never been disappointed. Adam is always accommodating and literally has too many corals to choose from. I have to point out the awesome sticker you get but the battle brush has helped me defeat GHA. Thought about using it as a tooth brush

Congratulations! Wishing you many more years of success and reefing!

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember when you were a sponsor of nyreefs for a quick minute . We were small and at the time you were clearing out the last little of random lps you had . I remember getting a trachy for like 30 or $40. Then I got my first box and loved my leprechauns beard that grew into such a nice colony . Only about 5 battle boxes since then but always a good experience and great customer service . I do remember a lot of those early packs always had bc xmas !! Grats if I had any sort of room left I'd order one...maybe a friend will split one lol

Socal Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just here to write a complaint. We are coming up on the 1 year anniversary of my first battlebox 1 year ago and I now have a serious case of acro fever.

The other thing I'm here to do is say, congrats Adam! Please don't convince me to get another one ;).

Seriously though, I bought my first box because I heard nothing but good things about the way you treat your customers and that you won't find better value if you don't have a single piece in mind. I have not been disappointed, definitely a local reef shop feel despite the miles in between. Definitely a lot to appreciate from the variety within the collection and the aspiration to honestly show it off rather than chasing the "crazy under blue" only trend.

jknorr23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Adam. Like everyone else, your reputation for clean, large frags led to my first purchase. Unfortunately I lost that battle box in a tank crash, but it’s not all bad news. The crash led to a new larger tank with way more room for your frags. It’s ready for restocking and I can see a new battle box in my near future!

louisvillereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on 10 years! It's really strange that this popped up since I was just thinking that I really need to order another Battlebox…

I was initially won over by the beautiful realistic photos under normal lighting. In an industry of more and more overhyped and overpriced designer corals, I like that you don't take yourself too seriously, but you are serious about customer service.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%

Back