The GO & GRO Contest! WIN a Neptune Systems GRO Macroalgae Light!

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entry 1: I like that the leds are spread over a wide area rather than the cone shaped coverage. I also like that it plugs right into the Apex and the extra features involved with the combination.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official:
The focussed lighting that doesn’t spill into the rest of your sump like other options

graffitireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Im with everyone here when I say the sleek slim profile is really what sets this apart especially being in a tight space like a refugium. The light output is also great for algae growth and lightyears ahead of using a regular light bulb.

reefishee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune GRO Giveaway copy.jpg

The Neptune Systems GO & GRO Contest!

Reef2Reef is proud to team up with Neptune Systems to bring you a fantastic giveaway where one winner will receive one of the newest additions to the famous line of Neptune Systems products, the GRO Macroalgae light! Some of the most successful reef aquariums employ the use of a macroalgae-filled growth area or refugium for the purpose of nutrient control. The GRO is a specialized, 20W LED light designed to grow many types of common macroalgaes (i.e. Chaetomorpha) using a specialized light spectrum which maximizes photosynthesis. It plugs directly into any available DC24 port in your Apex ecosystem, or alternatively, it can also be run completely standalone.

1617291830283.png

How to enter button ORANGE contest.jpg

Official Entry: Check out the GRO Macroalgae Light by Neptune Systems (CLICK HERE) and make a post in this thread telling us what you like most about it.

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

BONUS ENTRY:
Post any photo from your aquarium in this thread in which you will employ the new GRO LIGHT to do it's work!

BONUS ENTRY: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make. (we will verify if you are the chosen winner)

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE. #supportingmembers #partnermembers

The Prize Button ORANGE Contest.jpg

At the end of the month we will choose 1 winner to receive their very own GRO Macroalgae Light shipped to their door!

GRO-alone-bottom-flat-trans-1024x683-1.png

GRO-persp-above-trans-1024x1024-2.png

GRO-sump-bottom-up-persp-trans-1024x866-1.png

Drawing of Prizes and Notification of Winnings

Entries accepted through May 2rd, 2021. The winner will be chosen on May 3rd, 2021.

The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Special Thanks to Neptune Systems for sponsoring this great contest!
ATAquariums banner.png

#r2rgiveaway
Can’t wait to get this light b my sump!

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entry 1: I like the sleek shape and non-intrusive flat panel. I use a flat panel now that is no good for the reef environment, that IP64 rating is everything!

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1667C301-3554-4ED2-B6C3-CBD1529D2FA9.jpeg

Entry 2: I need to replace this flat panel that is no good for damp environments. I love that the neptune gro can get up close and personal with my macro.

s4ltyDave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the ease of mounting and the water resistance.. all my other lights suffered from water damage or from being in weird angles due to mounting system

Seaaquariumdude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slim, sleek and easily mounted to a sump. Also the cool Neptune orange color. If I win this flipping light I’ll have to change all my plumbing, sump and accents from blue to orange just so everything matches. Lol

Chueco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune GRO Giveaway copy.jpg

The Neptune Systems GO & GRO Contest!

Reef2Reef is proud to team up with Neptune Systems to bring you a fantastic giveaway where one winner will receive one of the newest additions to the famous line of Neptune Systems products, the GRO Macroalgae light! Some of the most successful reef aquariums employ the use of a macroalgae-filled growth area or refugium for the purpose of nutrient control. The GRO is a specialized, 20W LED light designed to grow many types of common macroalgaes (i.e. Chaetomorpha) using a specialized light spectrum which maximizes photosynthesis. It plugs directly into any available DC24 port in your Apex ecosystem, or alternatively, it can also be run completely standalone.

1617291830283.png

How to enter button ORANGE contest.jpg

Official Entry: Check out the GRO Macroalgae Light by Neptune Systems (CLICK HERE) and make a post in this thread telling us what you like most about it.

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

BONUS ENTRY:
Post any photo from your aquarium in this thread in which you will employ the new GRO LIGHT to do it's work!

BONUS ENTRY: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make. (we will verify if you are the chosen winner)

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE. #supportingmembers #partnermembers

The Prize Button ORANGE Contest.jpg

At the end of the month we will choose 1 winner to receive their very own GRO Macroalgae Light shipped to their door!

GRO-alone-bottom-flat-trans-1024x683-1.png

GRO-persp-above-trans-1024x1024-2.png

GRO-sump-bottom-up-persp-trans-1024x866-1.png

Drawing of Prizes and Notification of Winnings

Entries accepted through May 2rd, 2021. The winner will be chosen on May 3rd, 2021.

The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Special Thanks to Neptune Systems for sponsoring this great contest!
ATAquariums banner.png

#r2rgiveaway

Chueco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light is water resistant can hang close to water. Like that it plugs to a classic. Easy install.

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this light is perfect for the new sump I’m building! It’s the perfect shape and size, it’s like Neptune read my mind. I have plumbing running across the back of the sump and that pipe clamp will work nicely, And the form factor is pretty slick as well. Furthermore it’s controlled by my apex which makes it that much more cool. On a side note thanks to apex support I’ve been running an apex for years and they’ve always helped me out every time I had an issue including recently when my old apex stopped working they helped with the upgrade. I will be employing this light on the new sump for sure. Here’s the sneak peak we made the first version out of mdf.(good thing because I installed the baffles upside down!)

Attachments

• 350271F5-C25F-4DBF-AA14-1A935000E509.jpeg
    350271F5-C25F-4DBF-AA14-1A935000E509.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 27

Hupajupe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my APEX and adding a grow light that uses the 24v port instead of another outlet is a win for me. Plus i like how its been intelligently designed to spread the light out rather than blast all the par in a spotlight. Should be able to run the light longer without bleaching the chaeto!

DJTJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5244.jpg

Would be used in my Reefer 350 sump! I've been really wanting to add a fuge light to this system and start growing some cool macroalgae.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back