The Great Coral Giveaway — Week 2 of 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
We are pleased to announce the coral for week #2 of The Great Coral Giveaway!

We are giving away a coral a week for 6 weeks. To enter, all you have to do is like or leave a comment under the coral up for contention each week on our Facebook page.

Winners will be randomly selected each Friday during the entry period. Care instructions will be provided in the caption of each coral photo.

This week's coral: a Sun Coral colony with approximately 40 polyps. Good luck, everyone!

THE GREAT CORAL GIVEAWAY — 2012

Coral #2: Sun Coral

Description: "This one has about 40 polyps and the colors are great!"

HOW TO ENTER: Simply like this photo or leave a comment before 12 pm PST on Friday, 7/13.

HOW TO WIN: Winner will be chosen at random. Winner will receive the Sun Coral colony plus a bottle of Aqua Vision Aquatics Coral Dip Solution (Aqua Vision Aquatics Coral Dip Solution - 1 oz).

Scientific Name: Tubastrea faulkneri
Family: Dendrophylliidae
Care Level: Medium
Temperament: Peaceful
Lighting: Low intensity
Waterflow: Moderate to high
Placement: Bottom of aquarium
Water Parameters: Temperature: 72-78° F; pH 8.1-8.3; Specific Gravity 1.023-1.025; dKH 8-12; Calcium 400-450ppm; Nitrate > 10ppm
Supplements: Feeding required. Mysis shrimp, enriched brine shrimp and Cyclop-eeze

The Sun Coral gets its name from its resemblance to a flaming sun when its feeding polyps are fully extended. The bright orange tubular body and the colorful yellow polyps make these LPS corals very popular in reef aquariums. These corals do not have zooxanthellae algae so they are not photosynthetic. They require regular feedings to stay healthy. Enriched brine shrimp, mysis shrimp and Cyclop-eeze can be fed with an eye dropper or a feeding tool, like Julian’s Thing from Two Little Fishies. When fed regularly, these corals are very hardy and will add a nice pop of color to any reef aquarium.

SPONSORS: MarineDepot.com, JBJ Aquarium Products and Aqua Vision Aquatics

Last edited:

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Beautiful piece!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back