The heartbeat of the tank

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Im curious, how many of us are slamming 20lbs of crap in a 10lbs box. I just ordered a algea scrubber because my phosphate seems to always be a touch on the high side. Then the question comes ok where am I gonna put it lol.. anyone else have this problem? Lets see these crazy sumps! I wanna see someone crazier than mine cuz I'm about to move to a larger tank and stand just to have room!
20230320_223003.jpg
20230320_190726.jpg

OP
OP
Wayofthereef

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice and clean! Bro i wish i would have gotten a larger tank. Hows the algae scrubber working for you? I literally have to plumb through the wall into my garage and come back to use it. And stupidly i ordered it befor measuring if it sould fit down below.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Im curious, how many of us are slamming 20lbs of crap in a 10lbs box. I just ordered a algea scrubber because my phosphate seems to always be a touch on the high side. Then the question comes ok where am I gonna put it lol.. anyone else have this problem? Lets see these crazy sumps! I wanna see someone crazier than mine cuz I'm about to move to a larger tank and stand just to have room!
20230320_223003.jpg
20230320_190726.jpg
There is plenty of space for more stuff!

This stand hid all my stuff and saved my marriage!

F0A20E77-357E-46F8-B949-0DF7192241ED.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wayofthereef

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man looks awesome, and plenty of room!
Saved my marriage! thats so true. Fairly certain my wife wants to kill me because of this tank. It was so loud at first and she was losing her mind. Nothing really made the overflow dead silent, I tried everything. So i ordered a 3d printer and came up with a design for a silencer. Printed it and put it in the drain and bam.. dead silence.. the only thing you can hear is the fans running. Just close the doors and there ya go problem solved lol. Now if i could figure out how to stop buying stuff

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saved my marriage! thats so true. Fairly certain my wife wants to kill me because of this tank. It was so loud at first and she was losing her mind. Nothing really made the overflow dead silent, I tried everything. So i ordered a 3d printer and came up with a design for a silencer. Printed it and put it in the drain and bam.. dead silence.. the only thing you can hear is the fans running. Just close the doors and there ya go problem solved lol. Now if i could figure out how to stop buying stuff
Do they sell anything like this online now? My tank is in my bedroom and it drives me mad. Temporary living situation means I can’t move the tank to another room atm

OP
OP
Wayofthereef

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they sell anything like this online now? My tank is in my bedroom and it drives me mad. Temporary living situation means I can’t move the tank to another room atm
I made it. Most of the "fixes" are home made. But none were dead silent. Do you have a valve on the side that returns to your sump? Because what guys do is they make a dorso and use the valve to slow the flow to the sump. Takes a few tries to get it right but eventually it makes it dead silent. Mine I designed and printed myself and all i had to do was slightly raise the speed of my return pump. The trick was i made the water spin as it went down to cling to the walls.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
20230320_223003.jpg
20230320_190726.jpg
See mine- You need a piece of strong glass like for a shelf . Place yours straight across(front to back) and rest scrubber on top

1679532692822.png

OP
OP
Wayofthereef

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See mine- You need a piece of strong glass like for a shelf . Place yours straight across(front to back) and rest scrubber on top

1679532692822.png
Nice! I was thinking 1/4 acrylic from front to back with a hole for the drain? So the plan is at this moment is to cut the hard plumbing return and make a manifold with ball valves in both directions to regulate flow. But dude, im sitting next to the tank reading what you wrote and i realized that i might be able to flip the skimmer around and make it hug the roller mat and get the 8 inches I need. Like you legit got my wheels turning and I think it might work.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice! I was thinking 1/4 acrylic from front to back with a hole for the drain? So the plan is at this moment is to cut the hard plumbing return and make a manifold with ball valves in both directions to regulate flow. But dude, im sitting next to the tank reading what you wrote and i realized that i might be able to flip the skimmer around and make it hug the roller mat and get the 8 inches I need. Like you legit got my wheels turning and I think it might work.
Acrylic good too as you can at least do cut outs

OP
OP
Wayofthereef

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acrylic good too as you can at least do cut outs
Ya, so my thought is this. So my protein skimmer all the way to the right and cant go any further left. But then I was looking at it today and thought wait a minute, if i rotate this thing 180 degrees i can slide it all the way to the left. Because as it is now the scrubber wont fit its like 6 inches between the protein skimmer and the return line. But if I flip it, I think i can get the 8 inches i need and rest it on the acrylic like you said. And then cut the return and make a manifold to supply water. Gonna give it a go tomorrow

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 147 60.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.2%
Back