The "high tech" ultra compact Pico build. : Fluval V build (lots of pics)

OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got another InTank goodie! Weir modifier to raise the water level and in theory improve skimming.
IMG_20200929_213123.jpg
IMG_20200929_213229.jpg

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick dude! I just started my tank up a few weeks ago check out my progress.

Keep us updated bro!

jmwils1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread encouraged me to set up my Spec V. I need to figure out a light and powerhead option. Which of the 3 powerheads did you decide to keep?

I still have the stock light and am leaning towards a Kessil 80 or 160 but also thinking of the AI Prime. Not sure how those would look aesthetically with a tank that shape though...

JustAnotherSmith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see this tank evolve! I have the same tank that's been sitting empty for a while! This is very inspiring. Do you have a FTS with your new inhabitant?!

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice comparison, thanks! I currently have the seemingly massive one in my nano lol, which is the one closest to the front?

New toys. I've already started messing around with them a bit.
IMG_20200919_083506.jpg

They are the Hygger Mini Wave Maker rated at up to 1600 gph (allegedly). Based on prop surface are Id guess a lot lower than that. It can be turned down to "40%" but not sure what that translates to.
and the Jebao SLW-10 rated upto 1050 gph. (Not really clear on GPH on lowest setting is.

One of these will replace the, now seemingly massive, Hydor Nano the tank came with.

Here are some comparison pics.
IMG_20200919_083921.jpg

IMG_20200919_083853.jpg
IMG_20200919_083913.jpg

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I was hoping this thread would have at least a little interest...

Haha I know that feeling, my build thread is a ghost town lol. I think that's how most are unless they are monster tank new builds, or catastrophe cases that turn it around.

You've got a really nice setup going, I like the DIY bits. Will be watching the progress.

OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Embarrassing and frustrating setback. The ADJ power station isn't going to fit/work. I need to come up with an entirely different setup. The compact size of this project was supposed to be fun but now its infuriating.
My "things to plug-in list" aka the number of outlets needed:
-Rainbird Temp controller (heater plugged into this)
- Return pump (with DIY feed pause timer)
-LED lights
-ATO w/ additional overflow sensor
-Circulation pump

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! I actually bought the same strip but the older model this morning because of your build thread. But my adjacent cabinet is actually a audio equipment rack from my old recording studio days.

Hope you can find a way to incorporate it into your setup.

OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a new switch panel the vertical plugs on the DJI panel will cause the wall worts for the light and power head to stick way too far. It took hours of searching but found one with horizontal plugs.

Hopefully this is the last hang up I'm about ready to throw the project out the window

reverc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. Where did you get wear? I have the same tank and I love it. Been setup for a little over a month or so. Changed the light out and added a small power head to it. Got some zoas, sps, hammer, and shrooms in it.

OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. Where did you get wear? I have the same tank and I love it. Been setup for a little over a month or so. Changed the light out and added a small power head to it. Got some zoas, sps, hammer, and shrooms in it.

I'm sorry. Where did I get what?

If I wasn't trying to tuck in everything so nice and tight this tank would already be off and flying but I'm stuck until I can get the cord management worked out.

OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as I can get this delay working right and a new power supply for my Duetto I can finally finish electrical... I hope

(The device is a ICM203 delay on break timer which should function as a feed pause timer if I can get it to function right)
IMG_20201018_124432.jpg

OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a new timer (Amazon prime takes forever to ship to the islands) hopefully that'll fix the delay on issue. Getting a new power supply for the ATO so it will be lower profile and facing the "correct direction". Then I can start working on the "stand/electronics cabinet" to get everything tucked up and put away.

Back