The ins and outs of my 20,000 gallon reef tank .

OP
OP
Pigpen

Pigpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would share a few picture of my QT system with your guys . new fish stay her for up to two months before going into the big tank . we try not to run any medications so we dont cause any undo stress .

DSC_2346.JPG

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would share a few picture of my QT system with your guys . new fish stay her for up to two months before going into the big tank . we try not to run any medications so we dont cause any undo stress .

DSC_2346.JPG
Very nice setup!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey Bill !!! Tony from Sheboygan area. Been a While. When did you go 20K gallons?? WOW

To those unfamiliar with bill, he is a mini master and builds everything himself. Never a creation but a masterpiece.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Are those two huge Blochii's in this photo? How big are they? That blue coloration is amazing on those guys, awesome :thumb:

Live Aquaria Cali sent us a Blochii instead of a Dussumieri, so now we have a Blochii and a Dussumieri going into our 400g. I am worried about having 2 fish that grow so large in such a "small" tank. This photo of yours doesn't make me feel any better about the situation :twitch:...... :lol:

My Dussomieri at 9". Plenty of room yet in my 360g

MontiFanatic402

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
impressive !! My Reef club took a trip to tour your reef over the summer, now im kicking myself for not going!

Matyas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your tank Mr. Wann! Thanks for giving a great presentation at last year’s Reef Currents!

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill, I am rather new to this hobby 2014 and new member on R2R and I just read your first posts. This is absolutely amazing and so cool you have done this all your self! My husband would lov it. I can’t wait to show him your posts. I see your from Wisconsin, may I ask what your education background is if you went to college and where? Just curious. I lov seeing other people from Wisconsin on here. Where do you get your fish from? We have a 300gal reef, 180gal fo and 93gal to be a reef when it’s old enough. My husband likes to build things too and built our sumps himself not anywhere near like yours but nice for a guy with no engineering or plumbing background. Thank you so much for sharing! Best regards, Kindel from Green Bay, Wisconsin!

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No probelms with hime , he has been in there for three years .

Ditto here on the Columbian. One of my favorite fish that I actually almost managed to forget about!

I had one in the 30 gallon planted tank believe it or not and he got about 9 inches long. Mystery death at 9"...prolly 2-3 years old...suspected the freshwater chemistry (never transitioned to salt or brine) but there was almost no info about them outside of Axelrod's Atlas so that was guesswork.

Please keep posting pictures of him. :)

-Matt

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DSC_2346.JPG
Aren’t you located in Wisconsin? I think I saw a video saying that.

OP
OP
Pigpen

Pigpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill, I am rather new to this hobby 2014 and new member on R2R and I just read your first posts. This is absolutely amazing and so cool you have done this all your self! My husband would lov it. I can’t wait to show him your posts. I see your from Wisconsin, may I ask what your education background is if you went to college and where? Just curious. I lov seeing other people from Wisconsin on here. Where do you get your fish from? We have a 300gal reef, 180gal fo and 93gal to be a reef when it’s old enough. My husband likes to build things too and built our sumps himself not anywhere near like yours but nice for a guy with no engineering or plumbing background. Thank you so much for sharing! Best regards, Kindel from Green Bay, Wisconsin!

I am a high school drop out . I started my frist company when I was about 18 and I just teach myself everything .

OP
OP
Pigpen

Pigpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have went through every pump out there over the years from reeflo to abyzz and I will never go back to any of them . I use these industrial 2hp magnetic drive pumps used in chemical plants now . today I upgraded the variable frequency drives on them to newer units that will communicate with my control system . the pump are three phase which allows me to control the speed any way I like by changing the frequency of the drive . they are expensive but well worth the cost when I dont have to worry about one failing .

20180908_173757_resized.jpg

20180908_173802_resized.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.3%
Back