The Introduction Room (Wisco Reefers)

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! I'm just getting back into the hobby after a loooong hiatus.

I grew up in rural IL, but have bounced around a bit since then. I got into reef tanks when I lived in Jacksonville, Florida and I had a 12g biocube nano reef in 2008. I was in my 20's and kind of flew by the seat of my pants and got the full package, live sand, live rock and inverts from Tampa Bay Saltwater. I loved it, but the recession hit, I got laid off, and I wound up moving to Alaska for work for 6 years. I sold all my tank stuff and livestock in the move and then I got busy hiking and raising my kids.

I moved down to the Milwaukee area in 2018, but was still crazy busy with my kids, but they're now 17 and 19 and are busy with their own lives and an ad for one of the LFS's popped up in my Facebook feed and I got the itch again. I'd like a 20g nano reef (I'm not really interested in fish, but my daughter wants clowns, so...), but this time around, I'd like to take more time, be more patient, and do things a bit more intentionally. I'm also moving next June, so I probably won't be mixing saltwater until June 2024 or July. For now, it's just re-learning and catching up and I'm looking to make friends in the hobby that I can learn from.

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! I'm just getting back into the hobby after a loooong hiatus.

I grew up in rural IL, but have bounced around a bit since then. I got into reef tanks when I lived in Jacksonville, Florida and I had a 12g biocube nano reef in 2008. I was in my 20's and kind of flew by the seat of my pants and got the full package, live sand, live rock and inverts from Tampa Bay Saltwater. I loved it, but the recession hit, I got laid off, and I wound up moving to Alaska for work for 6 years. I sold all my tank stuff and livestock in the move and then I got busy hiking and raising my kids.

I moved down to the Milwaukee area in 2018, but was still crazy busy with my kids, but they're now 17 and 19 and are busy with their own lives and an ad for one of the LFS's popped up in my Facebook feed and I got the itch again. I'd like a 20g nano reef (I'm not really interested in fish, but my daughter wants clowns, so...), but this time around, I'd like to take more time, be more patient, and do things a bit more intentionally. I'm also moving next June, so I probably won't be mixing saltwater until June 2024 or July. For now, it's just re-learning and catching up and I'm looking to make friends in the hobby that I can learn from.
Nice to meet you. I'm in the Beaver Dam area, if you get a change stop by Best Fish in Milwaukee. They have the best prices generally and one of their employees Taylor is a member here.

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a real deal on a 32g biocube and stand today!
IMG_7570.jpeg

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a real deal on a 32g biocube and stand today!
IMG_7570.jpeg
Off and running but not mixing salt until next year…smells fishy to me LOL. Seems to be just the right size to practice with before you move and upgrade. LOL.

Keep us posted and should probably start a build thread.

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off and running but not mixing salt until next year…smells fishy to me LOL. Seems to be just the right size to practice with before you move and upgrade. LOL.

Keep us posted and should probably start a build thread.
I have a build thread over in the nano tanks forum.

And yeah…I ain’t gonna be able to keep this dry a year!
fail black and white GIF

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a build thread over in the nano tanks forum.

And yeah…I ain’t gonna be able to keep this dry a year!
fail black and white GIF
I see your link to thread now don’t forget there is a badge that goes with it some how. Haven’t started mine yet. Also need to get @Zach B involved as he is our fearless leader for the WISCOREEFERS.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 37.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back