OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here we are at Day 6 with the Maxpect XF250 and it has noticeably quieted down without any intervention. It's not silent like the Tunze's, but I'm not hearing it over the Reeflo Dart anymore and perhaps it will quiet down a bit more over the next couple of days. :)

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question -

looking at the video from the side view. The corner of the tank seems like it has coraline on it... are you able to clean that up?
i assume its the seams on the reefsavy that doesnt allow you to use a magnet in the corner. but are you able to clean it?

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question -

looking at the video from the side view. The corner of the tank seems like it has coraline on it... are you able to clean that up?
i assume its the seams on the reefsavy that doesnt allow you to use a magnet in the corner. but are you able to clean it?
referring to this.

That is one of the Armored Seams - strips of glass that protect the corner seams and yes, they can be cleaned. It's funny you pointed that out, as I spent a couple of hours on Sunday cleaning them. I normally wipe them down with a felt pad once a week and am embarrassed to say I fell down on the job the past few. :oops: Needless to say, I'm going back to the weekly wipe down to avoid another cleaning marathon like that one. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish photos!
I want to keep some dwarf angels but my fatty LPS and zoas might not like it!
Thanks Rev! You should get a Genicanthus harem for your monster tank! :D no worries about coral munching with them. We kept a Flame Angel for a number of years with SPS and fleshy LPS - there was a bit of nipping on our SPS, but no real damage. We also tried a gorgeous lemonpeel (more orange-peel than lemon in color) and he wreaked havoc and now lives in our 75g tank of misfits in the garage - so you never know :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Rev! You should get a Genicanthus harem for your monster tank! :D no worries about coral munching with them. We kept a Flame Angel for a number of years with SPS and fleshy LPS - there was a bit of nipping on our SPS, but no real damage. We also tried a gorgeous lemonpeel (more orange-peel than lemon in color) and he wreaked havoc and now lives in our 75g tank of misfits in the garage - so you never know :)

You got me thinking now....LOL!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Showin' some love for "Big Momma" and "Little Daddy" (Amphiprion ocellaris) who have been with us for 11 years now.

I do so love your photos!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so dang beautiful guys.... absolutely stunning!

Thank You both! Rather than taking the typical head on shot, I stood up on a step stool and aimed the camera down a bit which gives a better perspective of the rock structure layout and coral placement - It's also the angle I typically view the tank when I'm standing in front of it (which I tend to do a lot, LOL).

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back